Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UConn could go down

UConn could go down

4 minutes left
    Down 4

Not so fast. Damn. Last set not good. Great game nonetheless. OT here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    4 minutes left
    Down 4
    Overtime.

UConn has 10 more FTA than Miss. State. South Carolina had 16 more than Stanford. Dunno if this is a #1 seed bias.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    Overtime.

UConn has 10 more FTA than Miss. State. South Carolina had 16 more than Stanford. Dunno if this is a #1 seed bias.
    No bias at all.

Refs playing Zero part in this great game.. MSU by 2 with a minute left!

Quote Originally Posted by GRRAAH View Post
    No bias at all.

Refs playing Zero part in this great game.. MSU by 2 with a minute left!
    Until now! Unbelievable. Flagrant 1 against MSU with seconds left?!?!

What a fantastic finish. MSU WINS!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRRAAH View Post
    What a fantastic finish. MSU WINS!!
    Yeah, that was a finish to remember!

Considering the dogs in the women's final 4

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post
    4 minutes left
    Down 4
    this was one awesome game to watch. Every possession mattered. Hope this sparks more interest in the women's game.

Good for women college hoops
    If anyone says that wasn't exciting then I can't help them
    Looked like Britney Boyd on the court
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

That technical was frustrating. If anything, it should have been a technical and academy award on Samuelson.

Quote Originally Posted by oski003 View Post
    That technical was frustrating. If anything, it should have been a technical and academy award on Samuelson.
    +1
    Well I'm happy that both UConn and Stanford lost (and previously Oregon). I root against in order: Oregon(because SI didn't choose Cal and also her fiery excitement when she scored against us each time in their victory against us still makes me mad), Stanford and then UConn. So if it was Oregon vs UConn or Stanford I would be rooting for either UConn or Stanford to win, If it was Stanford vs UConn I would root for UConn. (For Stanford its just a school Rivalry reason since I like do like Tara and McCall and Samuelson.)

Quote Originally Posted by oski003 View Post
    Many on-line share your opinion, but I don't --and I'm not a Samuelson fan. Getting hit in the throat is very painful. (And an effective self-defense move if you happen to have an small, furled umbrella with you, although a fist or the edge of your hand will do.)

Quote Originally Posted by BearBint View Post
    Many on-line share your opinion, but I don't --and I'm not a Samuelson fan. Getting hit in the throat is very painful. (And an effective self-defense move if you happen to have an small, furled umbrella with you, although a fist or the edge of your hand will do.)
    What part of the MS player hit Samuelson in the throat?

Geno knew his magic was up when the 5-2 PG hit the pull-up jumper at the buzzer. He showed class as he broke out in a big grin. I guess that would not be so tough if your team only loses every four years. Mississippi State doesn't have a lot of bonafide scorers but the Bulldogs play tough defense. They build it around two huge posts (6-7 & 6-5)...They stopped UConn's ball reversal on the perimeter which i have never seen a coach orchestrate previously. Baylor also possessed a pair of monster posts of the same heights. South Carolina has the #1 high school recruit in the nation, 6-5 post Aja Wilson, who opted to stay home in South Carolina.

This is the type of personnel that it takes to make a run at the final four these days. Even last season, Oregon State and Washington, made it. The Beavers had a 6-6 shot blocker, tough defense and two dead-eye guards as shooters. Kelsey Plum, the nation's top scorer, led the Huskies along with the development of Osafor inside. UDub was lethal shooting team w/the three pointer.

How many of these prerequisites does Cal possess? Lead the nation in rebounding (Baylor), play tough, stifling defense (Miss State), don't turn the ball over (Miss State w/their 5-2 MVP PG), possess a team of perimeter bombers (UConn), etc. Zero out of four so far...C'mon, HC Gottlieb & staff, what is your vision for your team. The Mississippi State head coach took over a women's bball team that had never had
    success and built the program up to upset UConn in only five years! GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 04-01-2017 at 01:36 PM.