Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbors is gone at Washington

Neighbors is gone at Washington

Went back to Arkansas per thread on dawgman board. Team meeting on Monday.

Not announced officially but in the Seattle Times today.

Here's the Seattle Times story

I suppose things won't go so smoothly without Plum, Osahor, Collier, and Corral.

This looks a little like the situation with our recently-departed men's coach Cuonzo Martin.

SEC seems to becoming women's basketball country.

If this guy leaves UW, will there be recruits that we could poach?

Quote Originally Posted by calbear80 View Post
    If this guy leaves UW, will there be recruits that we could poach?
    According to Prospects Nation Washington has two incoming freshies: PG Kierra Collier and F Khayla Rooks (sister of Kam Rooks on our men's team). I don't know if there's mutual interest with either.

They are leaving there cupboard fairly bare. Rooks's sister wanted to come here to join her brother but Lindsey didn't offer her. Saw her play in Stockton. Was a decent player but probably wouldn't have helped us much. A wing.

Neighbors got out in the nick of time.

UW is still a very good job, if the administration supports the program. Very curious about who gets hired ...
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    UW is still a very good job, if the administration supports the program. Very curious about who gets hired ...
    Wasn't at 1 time, during the SI sweepstakes, Kelly Sopak was interested in going to Wash for an assist job. Guess he doesn't have the leverage now that SI is in Oregon. Wonder if he would toss his hat in the ring now, especially since he gets lots of AAU players from the Northwest now.

Like wvit said about Rooks, then doubt the other from Missouri was recruited, though respectable ranking.

Probably helps us with Tayler Chavez from '18, but that's only 1 down 4 or 5 other schools to go in landing her.

FWIW, i think his exit is slightly less to do with losing the core of his success and more to do with returning to his alma mater. Don't get me wrong, if Kelsey and Osahor were juniors this year, I don't think he makes the jump, but the timing was just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Rueck should take a sniff if nothing else to get a better pay raise. Oregon State fans at times almost brag on how good of a deal they are getting on their investment

I think going home was a major influence. North West Arkansas is also great place to live. The people in Arkansas have always been friendly towards Neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    SEC seems to becoming women's basketball country.
    When you have the 2 best teams in the country (plus Tennessee) in your league, time to start keeping up with the Joneses.

They might have ended up playing for the National Championship in the NCAA tournament but I wouldn't call them the two best teams in the country. In my eyes Uconn is still the best team in the country. They are still a one loss team and that one loss was on a last second shot. There have been teams in the past who had multiple losses but put together a good run and won the tournament. Winning the National Championship in a single elimination tournament does necessarily not make you the best team. Basketball is an "on any given day sport" that is ripe for upsets. People who vote in the final rankings are not obligated to vote for the winner. It has just become a tradition.

Neighbors is quoted in the "Seattle Times" as stating that Arkansas was his "dream job". An Arkansas native, Neighbors accompanied McGuff to Washington from Xavier, and then succeeded him when McGuff skipped to Ohio State.
    Last edited by puget sound cal fan; 04-04-2017 at 04:46 AM.