Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: OT: United Passengers dragged out of plane due to over bookings!

SP - you have some great stories!

Sebasta - that's a terrible story, sorry

Maybe SP can make a podcast that you can listen to when you are being held hostage by United.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastabear View Post
    And despite my vows I'm now boarding a United flight this afternoon. Simply no other way to get from point A to point B. If this is the last you hear from me it's been nice knowing you all.
    It can't be all bad. You posted this 5 hours ago, and it wasn't the last we heard from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unit2Sucks View Post

Maybe SP can make a podcast that you can listen to when you are being held hostage by United.
    Ha. Being a Cal fan has taught me a lot about suffering. See I knew we could get this back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by okaydo View Post
    It can't be all bad. You posted this 5 hours ago, and it wasn't the last we heard from you.
    Even United can't crash plane that is sitting on the ground (knock on wood).

Don't most airline victims die on the ground?
    It's not the flight but the landings that kill you.

If you see Harrison Ford trying to land near your plane,
    We're pulling for you...

Even United can't crash plane that is sitting on the ground (knock on wood).

Cal fans are a great audience...
    No need to explain...

Quote Originally Posted by Unit2Sucks View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sp4149 View Post
    Don't most airline victims die on the ground?
    It's not the flight but the landings that kill you.

If you see Harrison Ford trying to land near your plane,
    We're pulling for you...
    I survived! Didn't get bitten by a scorpion or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ursustexicanus View Post
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sp4149 View Post
    OLDEN ONE,
    Adak is one of the most beautiful treeless islands in the world. If it were near the Tropics ...............(much great stuff snipped by me)................................................... The navy is gone now and I believe US Fish and Wildlife controls access to ADAK.
    Ahhhh, thanks. I'm even more jealous (I know someone who flew out of there in the 80s). I've got other reasons for wanting to go (see here if you"re curious) - maybe I'll only make it as far as Dutch.

What? You mean the Adak Nat'l Forest is gone? (nope, that's not me in the photo)

I flew United a lot in the 80's and 90's.
    But they screwed me hard twice, no, 3 times, and I feel they owe me about $1500-2000.
    Glad to see this story out there - what goes around comes around.

Some of those trees were planted over fifty years ago. After BRAC the Navy began removing war time relics and returning the island to a native state, although I believe they were leaving the Caribou alone. (World's largest caribou was shot on Adak, however as an introduced species it's not record worthy). Knowing US Fish and Wildlife, I wouldn't be surprised if they
    eradicated non-native species like the Adak forest.

FWIW Colorado has counties that don't have towns, now that is obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by OldenBear View Post
    Ahhhh, thanks. I'm even more jealous (I know someone who flew out of there in the 80s). I've got other reasons for wanting to go (see here if you"re curious) - maybe I'll only make it as far as Dutch.

What? You mean the Adak Nat'l Forest is gone? (nope, that's not me in the photo)

Ha. Being a Cal fan has taught me a lot about suffering. See I knew we could get this back on topic.
    Speaking of suffering, I also feel like United Economy seats are actually more spacious than club seats (at least field) at CMS.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    I flew United a lot in the 80's and 90's.
    But they screwed me hard twice, no, 3 times, and I feel they owe me about $1500-2000.
    Glad to see this story out there - what goes around comes around.
    Same here. I flew them quite a bit in the late 80s when the in-house travel agency at my law firm back then had a deal with United where they automatically upgraded our full fare coach to business class, and business to first. That was a great deal for us young associates back then. I used them almost exclusively, but their service and planes started to deteriorate. After awhile, I just stopped using them and have never gone back.

Some of you said he wouldn't get a dime. Wrong.

Some of you said he shouldn't have done what he did.

Well, have any of you changed your minds now that he's made a huge difference in the airline industry that will be of benefit to you?

United treats customers worse than Berkeley treats criminals.