Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: United Passengers dragged out of plane due to over bookings!

Authority is authority.

But he's an elderly guy. Old people are stubborn.

I can imagine your law-abiding grandma throwing a tantrum, especially when she did nothing wrong. She followed the rules, and in her mind she's being punished.

Heck, I can see the president of the United States, who's about the same age as this guy, also throwing a tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    He was a doctor (and his wife) who was arbitrarily selected notwithstanding he told the airline authorities he had to be back for patients the next morning. I can see why he had concerns. I guess in the old days they just would have picked the black guy.
    Probably a surgeon. They are uppity

Quote Originally Posted by tommie317 View Post
    Nowadays, it's pick the Asian guy, they usually go more quietly (Note: I'm Asian, but it's actually pretty common)
    Never get in line behind anyone wearing a turban, a skull cap or a veil

Quote Originally Posted by GB54 View Post
    Probably a surgeon. They are uppity
    "Oh you work for United? I'm sorry, the major surgery you showed up for is getting bumped."

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Never get in line behind anyone wearing a turban, a skull cap or a veil
    Or a Raiders hat.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    Or a Raiders hat.
    Or any Asian Indians or Chinese at bag check. Because they are always overweight and have to unpack everything while you wait.

These are my racist tips for a smooth flight experience.

Chicago to Louisville is 300 miles. They could have booked a car or train to get the standby employees there rather than inconvenience customers, or well they are United so they don't give a ****

Obey! What is this NK? Great example of how little United thinks of its customers.

American isn't that much better, but since 2010, my family hasn't flown United. I don't care what United does.

Increase the incentive up to a limit before someone complies. In the long run United still saves without having to resort to its forced removal procedure.

Seriously is there a US carrier that doesn't suck? Virgin, America but don't know that they are US. Alaska is ok. Jet Blue and Southwest have some merits but they are all cattle haulers.

Quote Originally Posted by okaydo View Post
    Authority is authority.

But he's an elderly guy. Old people are stubborn.

I can imagine your law-abiding grandma throwing a tantrum, especially when she did nothing wrong. She followed the rules, and in her mind she's being punished.

Heck, I can see the president of the United States, who's about the same age as this guy, also throwing a tantrum.
    yea i think that's whats probably unsettling for me. He looks like he could be my grandfather and he doesnt look like he's particularly strong. The reasoning for it wasn't ok in my opinion but if you have to remove a senior citizen off of the plane, couldn't they have done so in a less physical manner? dragging an old man like that on the ground could literally kill him.

Seriously is there a US carrier that doesn't suck? Virgin, America but don't know that they are US. Alaska is ok. Jet Blue and Southwest have some merits but they are all cattle haulers.

Quote Originally Posted by oskirules View Post
    complementary glass of wine. that's genius really. what better way to have everyone calm and happy on a long flight.

Virgin America is the best one at the monument, IMO. Alaska bought them, in a couple of years they transition to Alaska. Southwest is nowhere nearly as good as they once were, I believe the expanded into way too many markets, their service has suffered, perhaps as a result.