Thread: UW Hires Jody Wynn from Long Beach State To Replace Neighbors

UW Hires Jody Wynn from Long Beach State To Replace Neighbors

I was impressed with how Long Beach State beat us 3 years ago. They forced a lot of TO's and frustrated Gray so much that she got kicked out of the game.

True Blue Golden Bear

Her bio from the Long Beach website

http://www.longbeachstate.com/sports...nn_407718.html

Her husband Derek was an assistant at LB , so I would assume he would get one of the spots in Wash too.

A Daugherty re-do.

Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    A Daugherty re-do.
    That was thing first thing that came to mind when I saw OBear's post. I was really looking forward to see how Neighbors does without Plum and Osahor because the returning players did not appear that strong. But the 3x3 tournament showed that they have some young players that are productive when they have a chance to play.

Although it still involves basic basketball skills, I would think that the dynamics of 3x3 is a bit different than having 5 players on the court. It's more of a man to man game with greater spaces to work with. It wouldn't necessarily follow that Washingtons success in 3x3 will translate to the regular game.

Quote Originally Posted by willtalk View Post
    Although it still involves basic basketball skills, I would think that the dynamics of 3x3 is a bit different than having 5 players on the court. It's more of a man to man game with greater spaces to work with. It wouldn't necessarily follow that Washingtons success in 3x3 will translate to the regular game.
    I agree that it may not necessarily translate to the regular game but I find it pretty encouraging for Washington's fans to see their 4th, 8th, 9th, and 10th top scoring players to win the tournament (going 6-1) when we sent our best players.

Actually, GATC, upon reflection the Wynn's hire more closely resembles UW hiring Chris Gobrecht, rather than Daugherty, back in the day. Chris, a star guard at USC, collegiately, had a successful HC run at Cal State Fullerton when she was appointed as HC of the dawgs. Wynn also played guard at USC, and came to UW after a successful stint as HC of Cal State Long Beach.

I didn't realize this but just read an article that Wynn is a USC alumn and that USC still does not have a head coach to replace Cynthia Cooper despite her resigning months ago...

Actually, GATC, upon reflection the Wynn's hire more closely resembles UW hiring Chris Gobrecht, rather than Daugherty, back in the day. Chris, a star guard at USC, collegiately, had a successful HC run at Cal State Fullerton when she was appointed as HC of the dawgs. Wynn also played guard at USC, and came to UW after a successful stint as HC of Cal State Long Beach. My reference to Daugherty was her husband was an assistant, just like Wynn.

USC is a train wreck. They don't want to pay, they have a lousy facility and Kristen Simon tweeted "I guess we'll coach ourselves."
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

USC will get someone soon...

Active Bear
    I don't understand a lousy facility. Pretty new and huge improvement over the late sports arena