Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: salary Wilcox?

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlue1999 View Post
    I know, right? I mean when has anything as frivolous as athletic competition ever brought people from different backgrounds together to give them a common perspective? No PE teacher, glorified or otherwise, has ever done something truly meaningful like cripple an entire civilization in a matter of hours by leveling even one, let alone two of its cities. Gotta study STEM to be able to make superior contributions to humanity like that. Good thing we have elitist academic snobs like you to set the record straight.
    Lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    If Wilcox gets Cal to the playoffs, the donors will be crawling over each other to pay part of his salary.
    I thought the donors have moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobodeluxe View Post
    I thought the donors have moved on.
    yes, while some donors may have moved on there always are a lot of bandwagon fans. Query whether Cal is willing to pay large salaries even if donors will step-up to the table? I'm now having doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by wifeisafurd View Post
    yes, while some donors may have moved on there always are a lot of bandwagon fans. Query whether Cal is willing to pay large salaries even if donors will step-up to the table? I'm now having doubts.
    that's depressing. is that why Greatwood's getting paid a pittance?

Quote Originally Posted by beeasyed View Post
    that's depressing. is that why Greatwood's getting paid a pittance?
    He's here so I think his pay is fine (for now). Now if you want a tosh type recruiter, that's when to open up the checkbook right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    He's here so I think his pay is fine (for now). Now if you want a tosh type recruiter, that's when to open up the checkbook right off the bat.
    he's here...until he's not. i get that Greatwood was let go by Taggart when we hired him, but he is also one of the most experienced assistants we have; he's reportedly making as much as Brandon Jones was, and it's clear who's worth more. the whole "we'd pay more if it was worth it" argument held more water before we missed out on Lake. Cal assumes it can pay everyone a meager salary, and then give big pay bumps after they prove themselves. by then, it's usually too late.

looking at Cal's track record, and the supposed narrative that Wilcox took a smaller salary to leave more room for his assistants, it's easy to believe Cal AD decided to be short-sighted and cheap out again. i wouldn't be shocked if we were paying Baldwin ~300k, justifying it with "he only made 220ish at EWU."

can't wait till the other figures come out.
    Last edited by beeasyed; 04-19-2017 at 01:17 PM.

The next couple of years may be sobering until the campus financial crises abates. New Chancellor folks.

If Wilcox wins at Cal he will be back in Eugene before you know it. It's a win-win for Knight, he gets to interview on the job without any risk whatsoever.