Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Texas fball.......give me a break already!

  1. #1

  2. #2
    That's stupid.

  3. #3
    That's not.... "hi-tech"? It might be expensive and shiny, but it's not "hi-tech".

  4. #4
    Looks like a giant refrigerator

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    That's not.... "hi-tech"? It might be expensive and shiny, but it's not "hi-tech".
    In texas that is "high" tech LOL

  6. #6
    God I wish this kind of stuff didn't actually sway recruits but it probably does and it makes me sad.

  7. #7
    Real Bear FCBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,087
    I want one in my bathroom...wife won't like it but what the heck

  8. #8
    True Blue Golden Bear heartofthebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ben Lomond, a small town outside of Santa Cruz in the mountains
    Posts
    8,707
    if you flip it on it's back, you can play pinball.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by packawana View Post
    God I wish this kind of stuff didn't actually sway recruits but it probably does and it makes me sad.
    I think this kind of stuff does sway recruits - just like alternate unis, flash, etc. Look at Oregon - if they don't go the flashy route, you think they could have climbed out of mediocrity? Recruits are 16-18 year old kids and love this kind of stuff.

    I agree - I think it's silly, etc, but didn't Cal recently go through a facilities upgrade (which likely included an upgrade in the facilities (locker room, entertainment/lounging area, etc))?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaHorn View Post
    I think this kind of stuff does sway recruits - just like alternate unis, flash, etc. Look at Oregon - if they don't go the flashy route, you think they could have climbed out of mediocrity? Recruits are 16-18 year old kids and love this kind of stuff.

    I agree - I think it's silly, etc, but didn't Cal recently go through a facilities upgrade (which likely included an upgrade in the facilities (locker room, entertainment/lounging area, etc))?
    yea but nothing like that though, but hey i mean if it helps you sell the program to recruits and you have the money, its probably a good idea

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaHorn View Post
    I think this kind of stuff does sway recruits - just like alternate unis, flash, etc. Look at Oregon - if they don't go the flashy route, you think they could have climbed out of mediocrity? Recruits are 16-18 year old kids and love this kind of stuff.

    I agree - I think it's silly, etc, but didn't Cal recently go through a facilities upgrade (which likely included an upgrade in the facilities (locker room, entertainment/lounging area, etc))?
    Yeah....personally, my critique is more so about design. This is the kind of thing Oregon would have done in the mid 2000s. If I give $100 million to Oregon, Texas, Clemson, Oregon's team will design something so far and away better with the exact same dollars. They are legitimately the only people in the game whose aesthetic isn't already dated by the time it's done.

    e.g. here's Clemson's new facility that's been getting hyped all over the place recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUq8FL8aYk

    I'm certain it's expensive and massive, but that could be anywhere from Auburn, Georgia, to Oklahoma State etc. And it could've been built anywhere between 2007-2017. Yet somehow, Oregon's facility designed 4 years ago still looks like the future.


    IMO teams are better off going high-end, sleek than going for the latest-most expensive thing in some catalog. Cal's design actually mostly followed this. Obviously, it was still stupidly expensive, but that's another story.
    Last edited by socaliganbear; 04-17-2017 at 12:32 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    Yeah....personally, my critique is more so about design. This is the kind of thing Oregon would have done in the mid 2000s. If I give $100 million to Oregon, Texas, Clemson, Oregon's team will design something so far and away better with the exact same dollars. They are legitimately the only people in the game whose aesthetic isn't already dated by the time it's done.

    e.g. here's Clemson's new facility that's been getting hyped all over the place recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZUq8FL8aYk

    I'm certain it's expensive and massive, but that could be anywhere from Auburn, Georgia, to Oklahoma State etc. And it could've been built anywhere between 2007-2017. Yet somehow, Oregon's facility designed 4 years ago still looks like the future.


    IMO teams are better off going high-end, sleek than going for the latest-most expensive thing in some catalog. Cal's design actually mostly followed this. Obviously, it was still stupidly expensive, but that's another story.
    Then you'll be happy one day once Texas' lockers are no longer "cutting edge", recruits subsequently shun Texas and flock to Cal and it's high-end/sleek approach to locker room design.

    All kidding aside: one thing that will appeal to recruits/players is the content of each of the screens will be highlights of that player from last year, or highlights of their upcoming opponent, etc.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaHorn View Post
    Then you'll be happy one day once Texas' lockers are no longer "cutting edge", recruits subsequently shun Texas and flock to Cal and it's high-end/sleek approach to locker room design.

    All kidding aside: one thing that will appeal to recruits/players is the content of each of the screens will be highlights of that player from last year, or highlights of their upcoming opponent, etc.
    What if they suck and the only highlight they have is getting knocked in the dirt over and over?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    What if they suck and the only highlight they have is getting knocked in the dirt over and over?
    2005 Vince Young Rose Bowl highlights on loop?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by packawana View Post
    God I wish this kind of stuff didn't actually sway recruits but it probably does and it makes me sad.
    Just think though. That kind of stuff is where kids will be spending most of their time at.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •