Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bears transferring to other schools...

Quote Originally Posted by 59bear View Post
    I seem to recall that Matt Leinert took only a class or 2 his last semester at USC but I admit I don't know for sure. The grad transfer rule is an abomination that I'd love to see eliminated. I'd also like to see how many of these guys actually earn an advanced degree after taking advantage of the rule. I'll bet it's a very low percentage.
    None of these students are being paid, and even if they were, they are not locked into 4 year contracts with a signed LOI. It's ridiculous what fans expect of student-athletes when they are playing of their own accord and of their own time and effort. Student-athletes come to Cal for an education and a team experience, not to serve the whims of Cal's fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 59bear View Post
    I seem to recall that Matt Leinert took only a class or 2 his last semester at USC but I admit I don't know for sure. The grad transfer rule is an abomination that I'd love to see eliminated. I'd also like to see how many of these guys actually earn an advanced degree after taking advantage of the rule. I'll bet it's a very low percentage.
    One class: Ballroom Dancing.