Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky's rings

Kentucky's rings

Great job!

Why would Cal Bear people care in the slightest about the bowl rings of Kentucky? I certainly don't.

Wrong team, wrong conference, wrong state, wrong web site for this post. That's 0-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear19 View Post
    Why would Cal Bear people care in the slightest about the bowl rings of Kentucky? I certainly don't.

Wrong team, wrong conference, wrong state, wrong web site for this post. That's 0-4.
    0-1 on sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedparent View Post
    0-1 on sense of humor.
    haha at least people on twitter get the joke. the roasting of kentucky on the tweet is funny

Unfortunate for the players that their Tax Slayer Bowl rings will have to be considered taxable income.

Playing Austin Peay in November. Wow.

Why does that schedule have times? Did it when it was announced, or is it updated?

Quote Originally Posted by Go!Bears View Post
    Why does that schedule have times? Did it when it was announced, or is it updated?
    Say what? That's Kentucky's 2016 schedule from wikipedia that okaydo posted. Those games were already played. So of course they had times, final scores etc.

I was commenting that Kentucky played Austin Peay on Nov. 19th, 2016.

Many games in 2017 may not have times yet (none of ours for example).

Quote Originally Posted by CalBearinLA View Post
    haha at least people on twitter get the joke. the roasting of kentucky on the tweet is funny
    Maybe the showing off on twitter is worthy of ridicule, but the bowls, and not the schools, sometimes give these rings to participants.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSouseFamily View Post
    Unfortunate for the players that their Tax Slayer Bowl rings will have to be considered taxable income.
    For most college students, I would argue that they don't get enough income from their schools to have to file a tax return even with the rings. For a football player at an SEC school, you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by calbear93 View Post
    Maybe the showing off on twitter is worthy of ridicule, but the bowls, and not the schools, sometimes give these rings to participants.
    the thing is it's not the Bowl that gave the ring...it's the Governor's Cup game against Louisville , which I assume to be a regular season game (see the engraving on the ring), before the Bowl Game

Quote Originally Posted by CalBearinLA View Post
    the thing is it's not the Bowl that gave the ring...it's the Governor's Cup game against Louisville , which I assume to be a regular season game (see the engraving on the ring), before the Bowl Game
    I think it's probably the TaxSlayer Bowl Game ring. Take a look at the last picture of the ring in the twitter post. The post also refers to their bowl rings. Either way, not worth advertising.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma State rings...
    https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...-losses-season

Kentucky has been doing some silly **** recently, with this as well:

http://www.aseaofblue.com/2016/7/27/...ionship-trophy

Everyone gets a trophy!