Thread: OT - With O'Reilly fired, Will Dennis Miller get a Gig Broadcasting Cal Games on FOX?

OT - With O'Reilly fired, Will Dennis Miller get a Gig Broadcasting Cal Games on FOX?

When Fox fired O'Reilly Wednesday morning, it probably ended the Fox need for his co-hort in banter Dennis Miller,
    who toured the country with O'Reilly as well as paid appearances on "The Factor". he's probably still under contract
    and wasn't he a color analyst on Monday Night Football. He lives near Santa Barbara so he's well located to do Fox
    broadcasts of PAC12 games. since they probably have to pay him, why not put him to use.

After all USA Today did not rank him as the worst MNF announcer ever; they ranked six others ahead of him. including
    Alex Karras who I happened to enjoy.

I never was a DM fan; I really disliked him commentating on sports, but with his high paid gig with O'Reilly ending, Fox
    may make him a broadcaster again and what better place for a neo-con than Left Coast sports.

A sobering thought for Hump Day.

Quote Originally Posted by sp4149 View Post
    When Fox fired O'Reilly Wednesday morning, it probably ended the Fox need for his co-hort in banter Dennis Miller,
    who toured the country with O'Reilly as well as paid appearances on "The Factor". he's probably still under contract
    and wasn't he a color analyst on Monday Night Football. He lives near Santa Barbara so he's well located to do Fox
    broadcasts of PAC12 games. since they probably have to pay him, why not put him to use.

After all USA Today did not rank him as the worst MNF announcer ever; they ranked six others ahead of him. including
    Alex Karras who I happened to enjoy.

I never was a DM fan; I really disliked him commentating on sports, but with his high paid gig with O'Reilly ending, Fox
    may make him a broadcaster again and what better place for a neo-con than Left Coast sports.

A sobering thought for Hump Day.
    I hope not. I never understood his evolution, but in the earlier iterations, it was clear that he only wanted to sound intelligent and progressive but didn't really believe it. Wasn't surprised to see him flip after 9/11 so quickly.

They should hire Rachel Maddow to replace Bill. It will increase their demographic share of smug hateful Furds

Quote Originally Posted by GB54 View Post
    They should hire Rachel Maddow to replace Bill. It will increase their demographic share of smug hateful Furds
    I think they would go from the highest rated show to the lowest rated show. The quality would be equally bad, but the funny factor of O'Reilly fans turning on the TV to see Maddow would be a good prank. NOw, if we can get George Will, that would be worthwhile improvement.

way to try to make this orielly thing almost football related.

seriously, A for effort!

Maybe Dennis Miller and Bill Walton could pair up to do games!

Never cared much for Miller since I first saw him on SNL. It's like he should wear a t-shirt that says "brightest person in the room", because he obviously thinks he is, but no one else would ever even guess it to be the case.

For whatever reason, when I first heard the news about O'Reilly, my first thought was what does Fox
    do with O'Reilly's co-hort, Dennis Miller. And then I remembered his MNF gig and then realized that Fox and Fox Sports
    are major players in broadcasting PAC12 football, and then my mind leapt to a bizarre possibility.

While I probably like Shepard Smith the best of the Fox hosts; I did occasionally watch O'Reilly until he would bring on
    Dennis Miller; he just makes any show unwatchable for me. If he was a Fox broadcaster for a Cal-SC game where
    we were pounding the Trojans I couldn't watch the broadcast. Even with the sound off I would hear his inane comments.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    way to try to make this orielly thing almost football related.

seriously, A for effort!

Even though I wasn't a UCLA fan when he was playing and he loves San Diego inspite of it's flaws;
    I must admit I find his commentary far more entertaining than most basketball color commentators.
    Dennis Miller would ruin that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    Maybe Dennis Miller and Bill Walton could pair up to do games!

Never cared much for Miller since I first saw him on SNL. It's like he should wear a t-shirt that says "brightest person in the room", because he obviously thinks he is, but no one else would ever even guess it to be the case.