Thread: Trakh back to USC

Trakh back to USC

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...sketball-coach

I have a feeling that keeps Littleton with USC.

Much deserved -- and he will do very well there.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

He seemed like a good guy. My daughter Chelsey was considering New Mexico at one time (until the asst. coaches abruptly left and went to UCI - I think?), Trakh was one of the first, if not the first D-1 coaches to offer her, along with LMU and Utah - of course. Seems like in the end, things ended up as they should. Clay, I also think he'll do well there. I WAS a little surprised that Destiny Littleton committed to Texas, after all - thought she might stick around the west coast?

It's kinda of a shame every time a "local" girl goes out of state (to Texas). But I suppose there are other considerations for the prospective player.

True Blue Golden Bear
    what was the reason he left the first time..his or AD's decision?

Trakh was fired after injuries devastated the program ... and I think it was Mike Garrett who decided Michael Cooper would be a better choice.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

He wasn't fired, he was offered a 1 year extension, but he knew he would not be able to do anything with all the injuries so decided to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Trakh was fired after injuries devastated the program ... and I think it was Mike Garrett who decided Michael Cooper would be a better choice.
    "Devastated" is a bit of an exaggeration. He still had 2-3 healthy McD's AA's as well as top 50 and top 100 players available while underachieving the last couple years. His final year was doomed by multiple shocking losses to non-conference cupcakes that were hard to forget even though they ended up with a winning record. Still, they ought to have given him time to rebuild, especially with the frontline reinforcements he had coming in: Monique Oliver, a forward who went on to a great career at Northwestern instead, Marinacci, and an early verbal from Cassie Harberts. He always could recruit! He beat out Boyle for a lot of his players, not just the All-Americans but others like Kari LaPlante 6'5" post from Arizona.

I think the point was he had to do it within the 1 year extension and he felt it would take longer than 1 year to get back on track, hehe pardon the pun.