Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon

Oregon

Oregon misses on C McCoy, and only has one starter back (freshman PG)

They lose 7 players early

2 starters graduate
    3 leave early
    2 transfer

Oregon is having to do a total rebuild. Ucla is doing a total rebuild. Cal is doing a total rebuild. Lots of other teams nationally are having to do it. To me, it all makes college basketball far less appealjng but it's just the way it s in today's game with today's rules.

Keep an eye on USC. They may very well be the best team in the conference next year.

Those rebuilds are easier to swallow after actual tourney runs. Also, UCLA also brings in a top 5 class.

Real Bear
    I don't need top 5 classes, I just need competitors. Guys who give 100%.
    Last edited by parentswerebears; 04-26-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Give me guys with talent to give 100% if we're talking about what we want. I'd wager that every walkon in the Pac-12 is a competitor giving 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by parentswerebears View Post

I rather have top talent giving 90% any day than a bunch of mediocre players giving 100%. Not implying that's what we have, just responding to the prior comments.

Real Bear
    I could have said it better. I'd take a team full of Jorge Gutierrez over a team full of Lonzo Balls any day of the week. Hungry, under-recruited. Tons of potential and just tough play. Oh yeah, did I mention I like underdogs?
    Last edited by parentswerebears; 04-26-2017 at 08:54 AM.

I could have said it better. I'd take a team full of Jorge Gutierrez over a team full of Lonzo Balls any day of the week. Hungry, under-recruited. Tons of potential and just tough play. Oh yeah, did I mention I like underdogs?
    I'm more of a life-in-balance type of guy. I'll take one Lonzo Ball, one Ivan Rabb, 4 Jorges, 3 Kravishes, 2 Theos and a Markuri Sanders Frison, please.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachedBear View Post
    I'm more of a life-in-balance type of guy. I'll take one Lonzo Ball, one Ivan Rabb, 4 Jorges, 3 Kravishes, 2 Theos and a Markuri Sanders Frison, please.
    Yeah that would be ideal. You have a couple hustle guys, couple superstars, couple brainiacs, couple talented 3-4 year players, and a couple angry bulls.

I'll take a top 5 class. Usually they got there by giving 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post

2 starters graduate
    3 leave early
    2 transfer
    Who are these 7, by name?

I'd take a team full of Jorge Gutierrez over a team full of Lonzo Balls any day of the week.
    I'll gladly let you have Lonzo and all the Balls, including the father - ESPECIALLY the father!

... I won't be surprised if Lonzo falls in the Draft. Well, latest listing I saw did have him dropped already down to 7 I think it was. I'm sure there are at least SOME owners who are like "no thanks". Seriously, that father could destroy a team!! I wouldn't risk it, unless Lonzo is other worldly, which is not. Time will tell - hopefully he has a good career FOR HIMSELF.

I'd prefer a team of solid players who all stay 4 years and finish their degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Who are these 7, by name?
    Chris Boucher
    Dylan Ennis
    Jordan Bell
    Dillon Brooks
    Tyler Dorsey
    Casey Benson
    Kavell Bigby-Williams

I don't know if Bell, Brooks and/or Dorsey have hired an agent, and if not, they could still come back

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams View Post

2 starters graduate
    3 leave early
    2 transfer
    Unfortunately, of all the conference teams that would have to do a total rebuild, Oregon would have it the easiest (picking up good players from "wherever")... and Cal will have it about the toughest.