Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At what point do we Kevin Bacon from Animal House???!!

At what point do we Kevin Bacon from Animal House???!!

So it is April 26th and nothing announced for the remaining FOUR scholarships. When it is time to check that the life boats are readied? May 15th? When Chase signs someplace (hopefully Cal?) At this point you almost are looking at having to sign 2 warm bodies just to enable meaningful practices and you could end up with a situation of having multiple walk ons play SIGNIFICANT minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    So it is April 26th and nothing announced for the remaining FOUR scholarships. When it is time to check that the life boats are readied? May 15th? When Chase signs someplace (hopefully Cal?) At this point you almost are looking at having to sign 2 warm bodies just to enable meaningful practices and you could end up with a situation of having multiple walk ons play SIGNIFICANT minutes.
    SCT: I know the movie, the actor, the role.
    But I don't get the connect to Cal hoops.
    Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    SCT: I know the movie, the actor, the role.
    But I don't get the connect to Cal hoops.
    Please explain.
    My gif skills suck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro

I think it's gonna be what it's gonna be. It's late in the year with a new staff. It might be hard to make any inroads, though I bet we come up with 1-2 new guys somehow. Plus, WJ probably doesn't want to do what CM said he wasn't going to do and then did: Tie up one or more schollies on "Plan C" guys.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltownie View Post
    Oh, THAT scene:

Thank you.
    You could have been referring to the "Thank you, sir, I'll have another" scene. Or a couple others... But, yeah, now I get it.

Oh, THAT scene:

Thank you.
    You could have been referring to the "Thank you, sir, I'll have another" scene. Or a couple others... But, yeah, now I get it.
    Ha, I was assuming "thank you, sir..." as well.

Ha, "Thank you, sir, I'll have another!"
    I should have reminded you, SoCal, of this thread on Day2 of our recent haul.

Ha, "Thank you, sir, I'll have another!"
    I should have reminded you, SoCal, of this thread on Day2 of our recent haul.
    +1. It is very good start to 2018. 2017 will be a struggle but hopefully we can steal one or two with Lee.

True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    She has robes and she has monkeys, lazy diamond studded flunkies
    My favorite dialogue(not involving Kevin Bacon):

Larry: [to Jennings, while high] Okay. That means that our whole solar system could be, like one tiny atom in the fingernail of some other giant being. [Jennings nods] This is too much! That means one tiny atom in my fingernail could be--
    Jennings: Could be one little tiny universe.
    Larry: Could I buy some pot from you?
    Larry:I won't go schizo, will I?
    Jennings:It's a distinct possibility.

https://youtu.be/JUOGxePBs50
    Last edited by bearister; 06-05-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Whoever wrote that screenplay is brilliant. There are so many hilarious lines and scenes that it's hard to count.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Whoever wrote that screenplay is brilliant. There are so many hilarious lines and scenes that it's hard to count.
    The late Doug Kenney (aka Stork). A thoroughly twisted individual.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Stork wrote it? No way!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Kenney

He came on my radar at Cal when I read his iconic piece in the National Lampoon. It is so vile and demented that I refuse to link it or even provide the title of the story.

Kenney was a tortured, brilliant sole. His work in AH and Caddyshack certainly impacted my generation. You are all on double secret probation btw.