Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lavar Ball

Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    We'll see what happens, but the odds are highly against BBB becoming anything more than a T-shirt and hat brand, like a basketball version of TMT Mayweather gear. They might reach the level of a Dada Supreme or something like that. If LaVar and his rotten teeth prove me wrong, then I'll eat crow. Producing footwear is a huge undertaking, and it remains to be seen if they have the logistics of the operation figured out. I like Lonzo as a player, so part of me hopes this thing works out. Too bad he's got a clown for a dad.
    For sure, when the whole model depends on the kid becoming the best player in the NBA in order to succeed, you definitely have to question the sanity of their business model. What are the odds of that? Lonzo is no physical freak like Lebron where it was clear he was going to dominate. Odds dont favor this ending well for their company. That whole millions for billions quote is pretty much spot on what he is doing. Lavar is thinking billions, but he is risking millions of his kids' money to try to get billions. Could it work? Well I guess, if Lonzo becomes the best player in the league. More likely though Lavar is going to be eating some humble pie when he finds out that his kid is good, but not quite that good.

Should have taken the 2 mil per over 3 years. Take that money and invest in an eCommerce product that has a chance of success out the gate. Shirts, hats, jewelry, etc. Shoes are nightmare, too many sizes, complex construction. Build the brand in the first 3 years, and then drop the shoe after proven NBA success. People are driving incredible revenue in the eCommerce drop shipping model right now, with $1,200,000 in post tax seed money and free publicity they could very reasonably be pushing $20,000,000+ in annual revenue by the time Lonzo's rookie contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue42 View Post
    Should have taken the 2 mil per over 3 years. Take that money and invest in an eCommerce product that has a chance of success out the gate. Shirts, hats, jewelry, etc. Shoes are nightmare, too many sizes, complex construction. Build the brand in the first 3 years, and then drop the shoe after proven NBA success. People are driving incredible revenue in the eCommerce drop shipping model right now, with $1,200,000 in post tax seed money and free publicity they could very reasonably be pushing $20,000,000+ in annual revenue by the time Lonzo's rookie contract is up.
    Sound advice.
    Can I hire you?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkCityBear View Post
    One third of the sales were in one size: 8.5. Wanna bet that is Tina Ball's size?
    Lol.
    But how is it that this granular view is public?

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Sound advice.
    Can I hire you?
    Disagree in that Lonzo should focus on being as good as NBA player he can be. The goal is to continue to improve, id and fix weaknesses in his game, and get better so he can be in running to make All Star teams, All NBA, and help lead his team for deep playoff runs.

Don't get the horse ahead of the cart.... and lose focus on the task at hand... how many athletes have tried to invest in this or that and when the dust settled, were broke? Bad investments, proposals daily on how to invest the money...... Too many distractions (he is 19 years old) takes the eye off the target of preparing for his rookie season and make a impact for his team.

Focus on getting better skills as a basketball player, and avoid hangers who tell his $^%$ don't stink.

$$$ will come in good time if he performs on the court.....

2017 top 10 in off court earnings:
    Lebron/55 m, KD, 36 m, Steph, 35 m, Hardin, 20 m, Westbrook, 15 m, Rose, 14 m, Kyrie, 13 m, Wade, 13 m, C Paul/Melo/Blake, 8 m,
    P George, 7.5 m

Last edited by gobears; 05-12-2017 at 09:09 AM.

I think the idea of starting their own company is actually pretty good. But the issue is Lavar Ball and his personality. His ego is going to cause his company to fail

Lavar Ball reminds me of Donald Trump same self defeating style👎

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCW67MSW View Post
    Lavar Ball reminds me of Donald Trump same self defeating style👎
    Lol