Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lavar Ball

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkCityBear View Post
    As if someone's gonna pay $495 for this crap (also John Delorean has rounds for a lawsuit methinks).

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...hoe-lonzo-ball
    I like the part about no refunds or exchanges and delivery expected late November.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSouseFamily View Post
    I like the part about no refunds or exchanges and delivery expected late November.
    I'm sure Lavar will blame the late delivery date on 'slow white guys.'

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    I'm sure Lavar will blame the late delivery date on 'slow oriental guys.'
    Fify

Real Bear
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    Will Lavar end up eating his shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by joe yaks View Post
    Oh, that would be tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by joe yaks View Post
    Spaghetti and Feet Balls?

Quote Originally Posted by 85Bear View Post
    Spaghetti and Feet Balls?
    Filet of Sole?

As if someone's gonna pay $495 for this crap (also John Delorean has rounds for a lawsuit methinks).

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...hoe-lonzo-ball
    $495 is crazy, but while debating this with a friend on Friday night, I did a little back of the napkin math. BBB only needs to sell (as I recall) 40,000 pairs of shoes to earn more money (net) than Lonzo would have had he signed the deal offered by Nike (according to LaVar) - 5 years, $2M per year. 40,000 is not a ton. I could see a bunch of rich people buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    $495 is crazy, but while debating this with a friend on Friday night, I did a little back of the napkin math. BBB only needs to sell (as I recall) 40,000 pairs of shoes to earn more money (net) than Lonzo would have had he signed the deal offered by Nike (according to LaVar) - 5 years, $2M per year. 40,000 is not a ton. I could see a bunch of rich people buying it.
    Apparently, in the first day after launching the shoes, BBB sold less than 300 of them, so they've got a long ways to go. All despite a TON of free publicity.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-fewer-300-pairs-lonzo-balls-sneakers-sold-first-day-sale-172718050.html
    Last edited by TheSouseFamily; 05-08-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    Or a bunch of stupid people.
    I wouldn't have thought that many people would ever vote for our unspoken winner's name - he who shall not be named.
    However, I have a bunch of stupid people even in my own family.
    Thus, Ball is going to become very rich.
    Stupidees gonna stupid.

The only way it is somewhat smart is if his plan is to lower the price to a more reasonable price later on. These are all basically pre-sale with the actual product not being shipped out until November. However, he is making himself and his son so unpopular that Im not sure that it will sell.

Quote Originally Posted by gobears725 View Post
    The only way it is somewhat smart is if his plan is to lower the price to a more reasonable price later on. These are all basically pre-sale with the actual product not being shipped out until November. However, he is making himself and his son so unpopular that Im not sure that it will sell.
    Correct.
    BigBallerBrand = BigDickheadBrand
    Who wants to walk around looking like that.

I'm guess the 300 orders were 2/3rds by people wanting to purchase just as a 30 year collectible investment.
    A peculiarity in their cabinet for later display. Oh, yeah. Remember that asshole?

If he can manufacture and ship for $100, then he's taking home $400 x 300 = $12,000.
    Not bad for one day.
    Though, how much will the initial order cost to manufacture.
    How is there any guarantee they will be anything more than crap, performance wise?
    Glue coming undone, laces that break, faux-leather that rips, they fall apart....
    I've owned more than a few pair that did that.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpindonuts View Post
    That's $120,000
    Thank you. More to my point!
    (I knew I was doing something wrong when I hit send.)