Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lavar Ball

Real Bear
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Correct.
    BigBallerBrand = BigDickheadBrand
    Who wants to walk around looking like that.

I'm guess the 300 orders were 2/3rds by people wanting to purchase just as a 30 year collectible investment.
    A peculiarity in their cabinet for later display. Oh, yeah. Remember that asshole?

If he can manufacture and ship for $100, then he's taking home $400 x 300 = $12,000.
    Not bad for one day.
    Though, how much will the initial order cost to manufacture.
    How is there any guarantee they will be anything more than crap, performance wise?
    Glue coming undone, laces that break, faux-leather that rips, they fall apart....
    I've owned more than a few pair that did that.
    The LB "Purloins":

Buyer beware: These shoes are not intended for wearing while playing basketball. They are a fashion statement only. Damaged shoes are non-refundable.

He made $150,000 on opening day of his shoe store. Hmmmmmm Not bad. The key is the template is set and others are already thinking about doing it. If it catches on then good bye the big four shoe companies for due to the internet, like artist who sale their own music, selling your own stuff is easy and the more followers he gets down the road the more sales.

People laugh at Lonzo Ball but he made 150 K in his first day with basically no followers.

Beyonce has 100 million followers. Can you imagine if she sold a shoe? again, the template is set and this could be a game changer move. The shoe companies might of killed their future by forcing him to go alone for eventually like music artist they could be selling all their own gear.

Ive designed a shoe for people who never really made it rich called
    "Balling on a Budget Shoes" or Bobs, after me. They go fro $19.95 and feature two colors of your choice. the first must be white. I got the idea from converse.
    Last edited by MaximusArelliusDaBearius; 05-09-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Lavar Ball wins yet again. At what point do you guys stop underestimating him?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusArelliusDaBearius View Post
    He made $150,000 on opening day of his shoe store. Hmmmmmm Not bad. The key is the template is set and others are already thinking about doing it. If it catches on then good bye the big four shoe companies for due to the internet, like artist who sale their own music, selling your own stuff is easy and the more followers he gets down the road the more sales.

People laugh at Lonzo Ball but he made 150 K in his first day with basically no followers.

Beyonce has 100 million followers. Can you imagine if she sold a shoe? again, the template is set and this could be a game changer move. The shoe companies might of killed their future by forcing him to go alone for eventually like music artist they could be selling all their own gear.

Ive designed a shoe for people who never really made it rich called
    "Balling on a Budget Shoes" or Bobs, after me. They go fro $19.95 and feature two colors of your choice. the first must be white. I got the idea from converse.
    First of all, he didn't make $150K in one day. He may have grossed $150K in one day but this business is probably far from being cash flow positive cumulatively. They've surely spent $150K alone in lawyers by now if not far above that. Throw in the cost of developing and designing (and hopefully testing) the shoes, finding manufacturing partners in China (let's assume Big Ballers don't fly coach or stay in bad hotels), putting in an IT infrastructure, logistical capabilities, facility costs, insurance, etc, etc plus whatever Lavar is paying himself from the business. I don't know what the BBB business model is with respect to how it operates and what it actually does versus outsources but getting a business like this up and going requires a decent amount of upfront investment so it's a little soon to be congratulating Levar.

Odd too that the shoe is actually the Lonzo shoe. He's a guy with the personality of a sack of potatoes and probably doesn't light many people up. They should just call the shoe the Lavar. He's the reason anyone would buy it anyway.
    Last edited by TheSouseFamily; 05-09-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Also, $150K may sound like a lot, but it represents a few hundred shoes. I believe that when Uniclo opened their first store in SF, they grossed high 7 figures...

Quote Originally Posted by TheSouseFamily View Post
    First of all, he didn't make $150K in one day. He may have grossed $150K in one day but this business is probably far from being cash flow positive cumulatively. They've surely spent $150K alone in lawyers by now if not far above that. Throw in the cost of developing and designing (and hopefully testing) the shoes, finding manufacturing partners in China (let's assume Big Ballers don't fly coach or stay in bad hotels), putting in an IT infrastructure, logistical capabilities, facility costs, insurance, etc, etc plus whatever Lavar is paying himself from the business. .
    I feel like the November delivery date indicates there is not yet a manufacturer and the shoe is just a prototype. Kind of like a kickstarter. If not enough sell, the economics don't work and orders will be cancelled because they will not reach the break even point.

I get that Lamar Ball wants something to do and wants to feel like he is earning money on his own by hustling and not on his kid's back. But every dollar profit less than $2 million/year they bring is a dollar out of Lonzo's pocket. In fact, every dollar Lamar keeps is also a dollar out Lonzo's pocket. And Lonzo may be fine with that, for now.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    First of all, he didn't make $150K in one day. He may have grossed $150K in one day but this business is probably far from being cash flow positive cumulatively. They've surely spent $150K alone in lawyers by now if not far above that. Throw in the cost of developing and designing (and hopefully testing) the shoes, finding manufacturing partners in China (let's assume Big Ballers don't fly coach or stay in bad hotels), putting in an IT infrastructure, logistical capabilities, facility costs, insurance, etc, etc plus whatever Lavar is paying himself from the business. I don't know what the BBB business model is with respect to how it operates and what it actually does versus outsources but getting a business like this up and going requires a decent amount of upfront investment so it's a little soon to be congratulating Levar.

Odd too that the shoe is actually the Lonzo shoe. He's a guy with the personality of a sack of potatoes and probably doesn't light many people up. They should just call the shoe the Lavar. He's the reason anyone would buy it anyway.
    I guarantee that the price for the shoes is high because the gross margin is low. Nike selling a shoe for $495 and Big Ball Daddy are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post
    I feel like the November delivery date indicates there is not yet a manufacturer and the shoe is just a prototype. Kind of like a kickstarter. If not enough sell, the economics don't work and orders will be cancelled because they will not reach the break even point.

I get that Lamar Ball wants something to do and wants to feel like he is earning money on his own by hustling and not on his kid's back. But every dollar profit less than $2 million/year they bring is a dollar out of Lonzo's pocket. In fact, every dollar Lamar keeps is also a dollar out Lonzo's pocket. And Lonzo may be fine with that, for now.
    he does have to pay the BMW dealer for the cars he and his younger brother have been driving the last year or so.

I will say this, if Lonzo(or any of his other sons) becomes a superstar in the NBA, top 5 player caliber, then Lavar will look like a genius because his brand will take off and they'll make a lot more money than if they signed with one of the big companies. Essentially what he is doing is cutting out the middleman, but he's betting everything on one of his sons becoming a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky23 View Post
    Lavar Ball wins yet again. At what point do you guys stop underestimating him?
    Like Trump.
    Both Losers who win.

But, just you wait and see. Lavar Ball is going to be impeached!

Real Bear
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    Put balls on your feet and thrive.

Or burn them.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoBear1 View Post

Ya know....
    when is the NCAA going to rule the two younger brothers as "professionals" and declare them ineligible for NCAA play?
    Ha ha ha....

Seriously, though.
    If I'm Lavar, I just keep pumping the interviews, the youtube posts, etc. marketing all 3 sons.
    Eventually, this NCAA could look at this as a basketball business and say, sorry charlies.
    Er, uh, "LaCharlies", I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Correct.
    BigBallerBrand = BigDickheadBrand
    Who wants to walk around looking like that.

I'm guess the 300 orders were 2/3rds by people wanting to purchase just as a 30 year collectible investment.
    A peculiarity in their cabinet for later display. Oh, yeah. Remember that asshole?

If he can manufacture and ship for $100, then he's taking home $400 x 300 = $12,000.
    Not bad for one day.
    Though, how much will the initial order cost to manufacture.
    How is there any guarantee they will be anything more than crap, performance wise?
    Glue coming undone, laces that break, faux-leather that rips, they fall apart....
    I've owned more than a few pair that did that.
    One third of the sales were in one size: 8.5. Wanna bet that is Tina Ball's size?

Quote Originally Posted by gobears725 View Post
    I will say this, if Lonzo(or any of his other sons) becomes a superstar in the NBA, top 5 player caliber, then Lavar will look like a genius because his brand will take off and they'll make a lot more money than if they signed with one of the big companies. Essentially what he is doing is cutting out the middleman, but he's betting everything on one of his sons becoming a superstar.
    We'll see what happens, but the odds are highly against BBB becoming anything more than a T-shirt and hat brand, like a basketball version of TMT Mayweather gear. They might reach the level of a Dada Supreme or something like that. If LaVar and his rotten teeth prove me wrong, then I'll eat crow. Producing footwear is a huge undertaking, and it remains to be seen if they have the logistics of the operation figured out. I like Lonzo as a player, so part of me hopes this thing works out. Too bad he's got a clown for a dad.
    Last edited by tsubamoto2001; 05-09-2017 at 03:27 PM.