Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Austin Transferring

Paris Austin Transferring

https://twitter.com/MichaelLKatz/sta...28974870265856

If I recall correctly, this is also someone we passed on.

Real Bear
    I hope that the staff takes a look and that he has the grades.

I don't think the staff gave him much of a sniff before but the kid looked great in high school. I loved the way he played. As I recall I don't think he was very tall so perhaps that's why they passed on him

Quote Originally Posted by parentswerebears View Post
    I hope that the staff takes a look and that he has the grades.
    You mean you don't think they evaluated him while attending ODowd's games when recruiting Ivan Rabb? I think that they evaluated him and concluded that they had a different priority. He got a scholarship and went to Boise because that was an appropriate competitive level for his BB skills. The PAc 12 might be an over reach.

How's he performed on the court in Boise??

In this article, Austin indicates that he was all set to return next season to Boise State but his parents want him to transfer. hmmm

http://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsp...65fdd564f.html

This sounds like a 'close to home' kind of move.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineyardview View Post
    You mean you don't think they evaluated him while attending ODowd's games when recruiting Ivan Rabb? I think that they evaluated him and concluded that they had a different priority. He got a scholarship and went to Boise because that was an appropriate competitive level for his BB skills. The PAc 12 might be an over reach.
    Looking at who Cal has at guard, your post gave me a big laugh. I have not seen Paris play since high school, but last year he scored 12 points a game on 49% shooting. He is certainly good enough to be in the rotation.

Sluggo

Quote Originally Posted by SFCALBear72 View Post
    In this article, Austin indicates that he was all set to return next season to Boise State but his parents want him to transfer. hmmm

http://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsp...65fdd564f.html
    You failed to mention the best part: Boise State plays in Taco Bell Arena. I can't decide if that is making me hungry or mildly queasy.

Sluggo

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineyardview View Post
    Things change.

Paris cannot hit from the perimeter. He was a 21% shooter from three. Cal's PG target list contains better players. Cal just gave James Akinho an offer. The issue is not what we have today. It is what we will have in the future. I doubt Paris fits in.

Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    This sounds like a 'close to home' kind of move.
    Sounds to me like the "family" has done some "research" and has determined that there is interest from some "bigger name" program(s) and have convinced Paris to transfer. Would not surprise me if it is a "done deal".

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo_Cal View Post
    You failed to mention the best part: Boise State plays in Taco Bell Arena. I can't decide if that is making me hungry or mildly queasy.

Sluggo
    Do you suppose they have a Locos Tacos toss (instead of t-shirts) into the crowd at halftime?

Quote Originally Posted by caltagjohnson View Post
    Paris cannot hit from the perimeter. He was a 21% shooter from three. Cal's PG target list contains better players. Cal just gave James Akinho an offer. The issue is not what we have today. It is what we will have in the future. I doubt Paris fits in.
    Agree that on the surface Austin to Cal seems unlikely. However the recent offer to Akinjo may mean that Cal has little traction with the better PG prospects for 2018. James is a good player and has the requisite academics, but is considered a touch below many of the other PGs. The offer list shows many 3's 4's and 5's but not many true 1's. The current 2017 commit is really more a combo guard than a PG. You can target whomever you want but there needs to a reciprocal interest. There in fact could be interest but academics may be a potential issue. Austin to Cal may be a long shot but I would not totally discount the possibility.

considering we gave brandon chauca a scholly...