Thread: Cal wins ugly game over Beavs

Cal wins ugly game over Beavs

Both teams were sloppy in the field but Cal was able to capitalize on their chances to pick up the series deciding win. Trzcinski had a complete game without mystifying OSU but kept the ball in the park and Khala Taylor had a couple of sensational defensive plays. The Bears' hitting is still frustrating but a win is a win.
    Access is better than ownership!

Quote Originally Posted by 59bear View Post
    Both teams were sloppy in the field but Cal was able to capitalize on their chances to pick up the series deciding win. Trzcinski had a complete game without mystifying OSU but kept the ball in the park and Khala Taylor had a couple of sensational defensive plays. The Bears' hitting is still frustrating but a win is a win.
    Happy for the win but defeating the second worse team in conference play and barely slipping into the tournament changes nothing. Ninemire needs to go. We are a bottom feeder team.

http://www.calbears.com/documents/20...RST_May_12.pdf
    Kudos to senior Stephanie Trzcinski for allowing zero earned runs today. She pitched one other very strong game at Oregon (2-1 loss) early. Too bad that she hasn't been able to find consistentancy this year. Top two hitters went 0-7 for the Bears. Four more infield errors commited this afternoon. Rood hit the 20 error mark and has 40% (20 of 50) of the team's errors in 2017. Maybe she should try centerfield next pring...
    GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 05-13-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Both of her errors came on sharply hit but very playable balls. Seems like we have to go back to Chelsea Spencer to find a good fielding SS at Cal.
    Access is better than ownership!

http://www.calbears.com/documents/20...RST_May_13.pdf

Cal will enter the NCAA Tournament in a major batting slump. JJ mustered one hit over the three games against OSU and I believe that it was a bunt single.
    Former Bear Taylor Cotton pitched 13 innings against us, allowing 2 earned runs and zero extra-base hits. She scattered 10 singles and Krysten
    McCue burst out of her season long slump with half of 'em. She held Kobe Pettis, Annie Aldrete, Khala Taylor & Bradie Fillmore hitless over two games.

Katie Sutherland gave up a three run homerun early to the Beaver first baseman, Hampton, and that put Oregon State ahead (4-1) for good on Senior Day.

I predict that Cal fails to advance from their regional. This is the first year that Cal has been outscored by their opposition [3.35-3.21]! Their OB% is the lowest that I can recall, too. The Bears mustered one extra-base hit (a double) in three games in Berkeley vs Oregon State. The team defense also commited 7 errors this weekend. I agree with Cal Fanatic that it is time for a change in leadership here. I've been critical of the men's baseball coach, David Esquer, for years but he has outcoached and out-recruited Ninemire & Co for the last couple seasons.

The NCAA Selection show is on ESPN 2 tomorrow night @ 7 pm. GO BEARS!
    Last edited by Schroeder71; 05-14-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CalFanatic View Post
    Happy for the win but defeating the second worse team in conference play and barely slipping into the tournament changes nothing. Ninemire needs to go. We are a bottom feeder team.
    San Jose st. Won the MWC Title without a dedicated home field.
    I say we take a look at that coach.

Also Viki galindo or the foothill coach?