Thread: Men's Crew Question...

Men's Crew Question...

I saw that Cal lost in the Pac12 Championships last Sunday. What is the probability we can reverse this momentum in a few short weeks and repeat as National Champions? Obviously I am no expert and thank you in advance for your responses...

I didn't see the race and I don't know much about the two crews this year, but I think Cal lost by almost 4 seconds. That's a huge gap. I don't see them making that up. I wonder if Washington was sand bagging earlier in the year.
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by blungld View Post
    I didn't see the race and I don't know much about the two crews this year, but I think Cal lost by almost 4 seconds. That's a huge gap. I don't see them making that up. I wonder if Washington was sand bagging earlier in the year.
    Cal women's team also came in 2nd after beating them in Wash earlier too. Perhaps both teams got out of sync (Crab, or Catch a crab ) for a split moment. Anyway look for both team to make another valiant effort in the championships these coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by blungld View Post
    Or...maybe Cal was sandbagging udub this time around

Quote Originally Posted by barabbas View Post
    Or...maybe Cal was sandbagging udub this time around
    More likely a combination of the Huskies getting faster and the Bears a little bit slower because racing at the end of finals and graduation weekend. Expect a closer race at the IRAs (national championships) the first weekend of June, when both crews will be peaking.

Seeing the CalBrars blurb it looks like we had a rough day. 5th? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~