Thread: Google has just placed a RED deceptive site hurdle in front of this site

Google has just placed a RED deceptive site hurdle in front of this site

The claim is that there are phishers here who will trick us into giving them all our stuff - WTF

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecohen View Post
    The claim is that there are phishers here who will trick us into giving them all our stuff - WTF
    Who are the phishers? Fess up, folks! Stanford trolls, leave us alone.

Last couple of weeks this has been discussed in detail. Bottom line summary: No chat oriented web site is safe from bad guys posting phishing comments or trying to compromise unsuspecting, unprotected phones or laptops. Make sure you have add blockers, anti-virus, etc. Never click on a link from a message saying "you've been infected" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear19 View Post
    Last couple of weeks this has been discussed in detail. Bottom line summary: No chat oriented web site is safe from bad guys posting phishing comments or trying to compromise unsuspecting, unprotected phones or laptops. Make sure you have add blockers, anti-virus, never click on a link after getting to BI.
    FWIW: Although "this" may have been discussed for weeks, I was not one affected by whatever problem had been discussed; and today is the first time I have encountered this hurdle. So, FWIW, it may or may not be the same thing. Of course, I have no idea who the phishers might be. NB: I don't know if refraining from clicking links I see on this board is practicable. Lots of this board's posters posts these links, not only to popular videos but links to relevant articles, twitter feeds, etc.

I had this happen here and there in the last year on one of my laptops but not the other.

We'll look into it asap but I don't think it's nearly as insidious as what we dealt with last week.

BTW, if you click on the details link, there's an option that allows you to ignore the warning and visit the site, which is what I'm doing.

Pretty sure it's just flagging the site because of our recent issues and nothing new.

I sent Google a report saying the site is OK.
    Last edited by stu; 05-16-2017 at 09:26 PM.

As we suspected, we ended up on several block lists because of our prior problem related to a rogue advertiser. As before, please clear your browsing history so you're not accessing a cached page that brings up the block when you try to access our site.

Here's a message from the host duplex:

The www.bearinsider.com website has been removed from most of all block lists, except from the Yandex.

The warning about the site posing a threat will be removed from search results if the Yandex robot does not detect an infection during the next scan, which could take more than usual.

Your website is clean as none of malware scripts were found on new malware audit.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    As we suspected, we ended up on several block lists because of our prior problem related to a rogue advertiser. As before, please clear your browsing history so you're not accessing a cached page that brings up the block when you try to access our site.
    Cleared my cache and still getting the red screen.

Yeah, same. We're still working on it.

The good news is it's related to the last issues and should be a much quicker and easier resolution.