Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 696

Thread: OT: Trump/Russians/Robert Mueller

  1. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    What is bizarre is the left's hate of Ivanka when she is the ideological opposite of her dad.
    More bizarre statements. She is not the opposite of her dad, because her dad stands for nothing. You can't be the opposite of nothing. Further, the left, in fact, was over-infatuated with her, hoping she was the Great Left Hope to reel in her dad. She was not. She is difficult to read - she has said in her book, though, that (more or less) you should not let anyone know how you really feel and that way you can be everything to everyone.

  2. #77
    True Blue Golden Bear sycasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    15,601
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    More bizarre statements. She is not the opposite of her dad, because her dad stands for nothing. You can't be the opposite of nothing. Further, the left, in fact, was over-infatuated with her, hoping she was the Great Left Hope to reel in her dad. She was not. She is difficult to read - she has said in her book, though, that (more or less) you should not let anyone know how you really feel and that way you can be everything to everyone.
    Yes, if people on the left are mad, it's that they are mad at other liberals for thinking Ivanka is going to help curb her father's worst impulses. There's not much evidence she can.

    Mostly she's someone who looks nice and says a whole lot of nothing.

  3. #78
    Golden Bear Strykur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,121
    Quote Originally Posted by sycasey View Post
    Yes, if people on the left are mad, it's that they are mad at other liberals for thinking Ivanka is going to help curb her father's worst impulses. There's not much evidence she can.
    Expecting anybody to reel in Trump is astoundingly stupid. But that doesn't change the fact that Ivanka is a political "liberal" who donated money to Hillary's first campaign back in 2007, and hosted a fundraiser for Cory Booker in 2013.

  4. #79
    True Blue Golden Bear sycasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    15,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    But that doesn't change the fact that Ivanka is a political "liberal" who donated money to Hillary's first campaign back in 2007, and hosted a fundraiser for Cory Booker in 2013.
    That doesn't mean a whole lot. Donald Trump himself has changed his tune on the Clintons multiple times.

    http://www.newsweek.com/history-donald-trump-bill-clinton-friendship-464360

  5. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    Expecting anybody to reel in Trump is astoundingly stupid. But that doesn't change the fact that Ivanka is a political "liberal" who donated money to Hillary's first campaign back in 2007, and hosted a fundraiser for Cory Booker in 2013.


    Where do you think people like Clinton and Booker get money if not from people like the Trumps?

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    Expecting anybody to reel in Trump is astoundingly stupid. But that doesn't change the fact that Ivanka is a political "liberal" who donated money to Hillary's first campaign back in 2007, and hosted a fundraiser for Cory Booker in 2013.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpo...ical-donations

    I guess Donald was (is?) a political "liberal" too, huh?

  7. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    Robert Mueller is beyond reproach. If he clears Trump and his campaign, I will apologize to all Trump supporters as well as the Moderators of this board. If he doesn't, all the Left Wing Conspiracy theories and all the Fake News claims in the world will not keep the cell doors from slamming tight each night. Mueller Walked the Walk:

    "Mueller enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1968, attending officer candidate school, Army Ranger School and Army jump school.[8] He then served as an officer leading a rifle platoon of the 3rd Marine Division during the Vietnam War;[2] he eventually became aide-de-camp to 3rd Marine Division's commanding general.[8] He received the Bronze Star, two Commendation Medals, the Purple Heart and the Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry.[2]" Wikipedia
    Your voice is definitely needed during this time of crisis that has befallen our country! Welcome back, Bearister!

  8. #83
    Actually I think you've ignored his actual accomplishments through his presidential actions. He has appointed climate change opponents to key positions in the government where they can erase 40 years of government research and experience overnight. Free Speech, hardly, you can no longer mention climate change in these departments. Officially science of the last forty years has been institutionally abandoned in favor of creationist faith. The President is a promoter, a huckster, a flim flam man (must see George C Scott movie for this era, his grin is so familiar); he is not a competent business man or a builder; those he hires, denigrates, and fires. He is reducing spending in R&D; which is the only way in which the US has stayed competitive. Instead he (and the GOP in large parts) are REGRESSIVES, trying to go back to the 1880s, when business was king, citizens had little rights and public servants far less common. Government services weren't outsourced, they weren't even provided. Back then the best athletes were not on sports teams but on fire departments; negotiating deals at the scene of a fire for fighting the fire.

    We have been regressing in so many ways that most people are clueless, especially those under 30 who have never known anything different. I would suspect that only a small portion of the population knows that the overwhelming bulk of government services are provided by contractors, motivated not by the Public Good; but accumulating the greatest number of dollars for the smallest expenditure. The dutiful Government Worker has been replaced by the Government contract administrator, mandated to commit the greatest amount of money in the shortest period of time, value and loyalty are not part of the equation other than lip service. The Presidents actions have not been to drain the "swamp" (not sure he even knows that so many of his friends were actually the swamp), but instead to enhance, expand and perpetuate the swamp. In many ways we have regressed back to this time when the courts created the deception that corporations are 'people'; something that the current Court will expand.

    Hasn't done anything? Bull; he has set in motion so many varied efforts to destroy so much of the best things in Government; protection of it's citizens from financial predators, the preservation of our wild areas thru the National Park Service; the delivery of clean water and clean air thru EPA actions; the rights of native Americans to have a say in their future; the list is longer but has been Trumped by his tweets.


    Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    LOL he scares you? Please, other than putting Gorsuch on the Supreme Court, he hasn't really done anything. At worst he's incompetent. I can live with that.

    Well duh, because the GOP are the only people left in America who want to keep this country from turning into Venezuela.

    If you love free markets, free speech and gun ownership, they are the only game in town now.

  9. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by sp4149 View Post
    Actually I think you've ignored his actual accomplishments through his presidential actions. He has appointed climate change opponents to key positions in the government where they can erase 40 years of government research and experience overnight. Free Speech, hardly, you can no longer mention climate change in these departments. Officially science of the last forty years has been institutionally abandoned in favor of creationist faith. The President is a promoter, a huckster, a flim flam man (must see George C Scott movie for this era, his grin is so familiar); he is not a competent business man or a builder; those he hires, denigrates, and fires. He is reducing spending in R&D; which is the only way in which the US has stayed competitive. Instead he (and the GOP in large parts) are REGRESSIVES, trying to go back to the 1880s, when business was king, citizens had little rights and public servants far less common. Government services weren't outsourced, they weren't even provided. Back then the best athletes were not on sports teams but on fire departments; negotiating deals at the scene of a fire for fighting the fire.

    We have been regressing in so many ways that most people are clueless, especially those under 30 who have never known anything different. I would suspect that only a small portion of the population knows that the overwhelming bulk of government services are provided by contractors, motivated not by the Public Good; but accumulating the greatest number of dollars for the smallest expenditure. The dutiful Government Worker has been replaced by the Government contract administrator, mandated to commit the greatest amount of money in the shortest period of time, value and loyalty are not part of the equation other than lip service. The Presidents actions have not been to drain the "swamp" (not sure he even knows that so many of his friends were actually the swamp), but instead to enhance, expand and perpetuate the swamp. In many ways we have regressed back to this time when the courts created the deception that corporations are 'people'; something that the current Court will expand.

    Hasn't done anything? Bull; he has set in motion so many varied efforts to destroy so much of the best things in Government; protection of it's citizens from financial predators, the preservation of our wild areas thru the National Park Service; the delivery of clean water and clean air thru EPA actions; the rights of native Americans to have a say in their future; the list is longer but has been Trumped by his tweets.
    Well said, SP!

  10. #85
    Trumpster finally going to places that appreciate and love his talent-Saudi Arabia and Israel

  11. #86
    True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars Out here we is stoned – immaculate. J. Morrison
    Posts
    12,344
    Quote Originally Posted by jyamada View Post
    Your voice is definitely needed during this time of crisis that has befallen our country! Welcome back, Bearister!
    Thank you, Sir. My son graduated Santa Clara Law School today. Leon Panetta was the Commencement Speaker. He knocked it out of the park discussing the current political environment.

    https://www.scu.edu/news-and-events/...le-of-law.html
    “We are a nation that builds bridges, not walls,” he said. “And most of all, we need to respect the truth.” Leon Panetta
    Last edited by bearister; 05-20-2017 at 07:10 PM.

  12. #87

  13. #88
    The elephant in the room that most seem to be ignoring is the racketeering crimes possibly committed. Trump's chief financial bank has been fined mega millions for laundering $11 BILLION in Russian money (the US attorney investigating was fired by Trump). The laundering method involved buying real estate with dirty money and then reselling it for 'clean' money. Trump has sold hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate to Russians with "dirty money". His real estate business as family owned cannot hide behind unknown stockholder faces; he is wholly responsible. Under RICO statutes the use of his real estate empire to launder money does not have to be intentional to violate the law and make him culpable. The Trump University case was a RICO case, which Trump settled without admitting guilt to avoid the trial where he could have been also found criminally guilty. However the Deutsche Bank Russian money laundering through NY real estate is likely to net big fish other than Trump. Should Trump be excused from prosecution as a sitting President if it's only a billion or two that his real estate firm laundered?

  14. #89
    True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars Out here we is stoned – immaculate. J. Morrison
    Posts
    12,344
    Quote Originally Posted by sp4149 View Post
    The elephant in the room that most seem to be ignoring is the racketeering crimes possibly committed. Trump's chief financial bank has been fined mega millions for laundering $11 BILLION in Russian money (the US attorney investigating was fired by Trump). The laundering method involved buying real estate with dirty money and then reselling it for 'clean' money. Trump has sold hundreds of millions of dollars of real estate to Russians with "dirty money". His real estate business as family owned cannot hide behind unknown stockholder faces; he is wholly responsible. Under RICO statutes the use of his real estate empire to launder money does not have to be intentional to violate the law and make him culpable. The Trump University case was a RICO case, which Trump settled without admitting guilt to avoid the trial where he could have been also found criminally guilty. However the Deutsche Bank Russian money laundering through NY real estate is likely to net big fish other than Trump. Should Trump be excused from prosecution as a sitting President if it's only a billion or two that his real estate firm laundered?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b094cdba51c404

  15. #90
    "White House adviser Kellyanne Conway and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin have already been scolded for allegedly using their offices to promote financial gain, but the message clearly has not sunk in. The rule technically does not cover the president, but the noxious appearance of self-interest now permeates the administration."

    "Everything from doubling the new-membership fee and renting golf carts to Secret Service agents at Mar-a-Lago to sweeping up 38 trademarks in China on a single day has turned the White House into an imitation of foreign kleptomaniac regimes" (AKA Russia).

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.6ca4289b002f

    "All of this presents a clear opportunity for the GOP House and Senate to stop facilitating corruption and enabling possible violations of the emoluments clause."

    Bottom Line - the DOJ is not going to charge the President with wrong doing; If Congress (AKA GOP) does nothing he is golden...







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •