Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wyking offers Andre Kelly '18 PF

Wyking offers Andre Kelly '18 PF

Cal will be very competitive for him. Local kid plays for Lincoln HS in Stockton.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBearz View Post
    Cal will be very competitive for him. Local kid plays for Lincoln HS in Stockton.
    He looks like a good fit for the style Jones wants to play and his grades are good. I don't think I can link the article I read.

I have seen him play a half dozen times...he is a very good rebounder and I mean VERY GOOD...his offense is pretty good, need to be able to shoot better from beyond the arc, pretty good with his back to the basket but is just 6'7".....needs to work harder on the defensive end but that is common with HS "stars"....I haven't seen him against real good competition so that remains to be seen....

bearman's scouting aligns with mine. I like the offer. Really hope he can continue to grow. He's not super explosive but he's got good footwork, is fundamentally sound and is physical. Very productive HS player with 24ppg and 15rpg. If he gets to 6'9", he could be a real player for the Bears.

Reminds me of Boykin in many ways.

It would be great if he did put on a few inches but he has been 6'7" since he was a freshman so I would say the odds are against him getting a growth spurt...

Quote Originally Posted by bearmanpg View Post
    I have seen him play a half dozen times...he is a very good rebounder and I mean VERY GOOD...his offense is pretty good, need to be able to shoot better from beyond the arc, pretty good with his back to the basket but is just 6'7".....needs to work harder on the defensive end but that is common with HS "stars"....I haven't seen him against real good competition so that remains to be seen....
    Thanks for this, hard to tell about his offense from the videos I've seen so good to hear he has some inside game.

Quote Originally Posted by bearmanpg View Post
    You sound like you are describing Sean Lampley

Quote Originally Posted by OaktownBear View Post
    Now THAT would be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by OaktownBear View Post

He is not as quick as Lampley but it is an interesting comparison...Lampley had a nose for the ball, I mean he always seemed to be in the right place at the right time for rebounds...Kelly, in high school anyway, uses his bulk and muscle more for rebounds...I think his rebounding will continue in college because of his bulk, but I don't see him averaging as many as he does in HS...he can be a 8-10 board a game guy...I hope Kelly can defend as well as Lampley (I don't remember Sean as a bad defender)....

Kelly is now listed as 6'8" and 235 lbs so does that indicate he hasn't stopped growing? From his videos, I like his game although he may be called upon to be a glass eater as a freshman.

Until I see him playing not of much value on who he offers. They dont come or they sign and change their minds and go somewhere else.

Visiting Cal tomorrow.

Any idea how his visit went today. Wondering if got offered?

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    He already had an offer
    Time to pull the trigger. @ say yes. Could use a 235 lb inside Pf🏀