Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erin Boley, Notre Dame transfer picks a Pac-12 school

100% accurate analysis! If Gottlieb does not coach up better results this season she should be replaced. It's the coaching staff that might be the weak link both in their lack of coaching skills & their inability to recruit. GO BEARS!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by willtalk View Post
    Who are we to say if it's a good idea or a bad idea? That's very simple. ----It's a bad idea if the player is transferring from your team .: and a good idea if they are transferring to your team

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    Some guy two years ago donated 17 million for a new softball field that rivals SEC stadiums and I think he did it with a business degree and got into lumber.

Another guy quit Oregon and never graduated and started an insurance company and sold it for 400 million and built thema new baseball stadium. Then some tennis shoe guy did some other things.
    golden, the reality is that oregon is a **** school academically that accepts 2.5 gpa dumb azzs, the overwhelming majority of their grads face very uncertain futures in a highly global economy that favors the well educated...the ducks are basically a semi professional minor league program with excellent facilities that is loosely affiliated with a mediocre school with a 95%+ acceptance rate

the fact you don't understand this suggests you did not graduate from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

but let's be real here, somebody got work as the shift supervisor at the medford truck stop someday but it's probably not gonna be a cal, stanford or ivy league grad...both of ionescu's divorced parents are not college educated & blue collar, they were sold something (a free scholly for their son, career opportunities at nike) that's never gonna happen, will be interesting to see where sabrina is in 10+ years from now

shocky.. since your facts right off the bat are false (did they not teach you how to research at cal??), the rest just sounds like hate...

Is oregon as elite as cal in academics? Of course not.. but knowing many duck alum, as well as cal alum, neither is a true determinant of success down the road. I know former ducks with wayyyy better jobs than some former bears.. it comes down to the person not the words on a piece of paper.. The fact you think that's what its all about says a lot about you...

And implying that Sabrina and her parents were "duped" somehow is absurd. I have a feeling you; a)have never spoken to anyone in the Ionescu family, and b) have ever been involved in high level recruiting. Do you throw every player and their family that doesn't choose cal under the bus and think they won't amount to anything?? There are former bear wbb players that are doing things with their career that they would be able to do with a degree from anywhere else... If sabrina (and her family) cared strictly about academics, then she would have made a stronger consideration for Duke and Notre Dame, who, in case you didn't know shocky, are ranked ahead of cal...

If Sabrina remains healthy and motivated, ten years from now she'll be earning about $500,000 a year playing basketball, and be set up for a future in the athletics' industry.

And presumably the fact that you mentioned "blue collar" and "divorced" means you feel those factors somehow played into Sabrina's parents not grasping the full impact of their decision. Nice ...

Your occasional rants on this topic are tiresome (though easily ignored), but when you start making personal attacks, it goes over the line.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Quote Originally Posted by ricehntr5 View Post
    shocky.. since your facts right off the bat are false (did they not teach you how to research at cal??), the rest just sounds like hate...

Is oregon as elite as cal in academics? Of course not.. but knowing many duck alum, as well as cal alum, neither is a true determinant of success down the road. I know former ducks with wayyyy better jobs than some former bears.. it comes down to the person not the words on a piece of paper.. The fact you think that's what its all about says a lot about you...

And implying that Sabrina and her parents were "duped" somehow is absurd. I have a feeling you; a)have never spoken to anyone in the Ionescu family, and b) have ever been involved in high level recruiting. Do you throw every player and their family that doesn't choose cal under the bus and think they won't amount to anything?? There are former bear wbb players that are doing things with their career that they would be able to do with a degree from anywhere else... If sabrina (and her family) cared strictly about academics, then she would have made a stronger consideration for Duke and Notre Dame, who, in case you didn't know shocky, are ranked ahead of cal...
    When we host accepted Cal students at the Spring event (most are deciding between Cal and other places they have been aceepted;...some are there just to meet Cal people because hey have decided they are in fact going) we are given instruction not to be negative about the other places they are considering. And you know what? It simply isn't that hard. Pride as an alum and our own personal experiences take over, and all of us gush about the University of California.
    And then there is one more thing that radiates in the room, that simply isn't always the case here: Class.

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    When we host accepted Cal students at the Spring event (most are deciding between Cal and other places they have been aceepted;...some are there just to meet Cal people because hey have decided they are in fact going) we are given instruction not to be negative about the other places they are considering. And you know what? It simply isn't that hard. Pride as an alum and our own personal experiences take over, and all of us gush about the University of California.
    And then there is one more thing that radiates in the room, that simply isn't always the case here: Class.
    Exactly.. talk good about your experiences but don't bash other's. Implying that a great young lady could end up working at a truckstop because of the Pac12 school she chose to play basketball at is classless

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post
    golden, the reality is that oregon is a **** school academically that accepts 2.5 gpa dumb azzs, the overwhelming majority of their grads face very uncertain futures in a highly global economy that favors the well educated...the ducks are basically a semi professional minor league program with excellent facilities that is loosely affiliated with a mediocre school with a 95%+ acceptance rate

the fact you don't understand this suggests you did not graduate from the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

but let's be real here, somebody got work as the shift supervisor at the medford truck stop someday but it's probably not gonna be a cal, stanford or ivy league grad...both of ionescu's divorced parents are not college educated & blue collar, they were sold something (a free scholly for their son, career opportunities at nike) that's never gonna happen, will be interesting to see where sabrina is in 10+ years from now
    I actually went to a elite small school that had under 10,000 students that was not even a pac-12 school and have a mechanical engineering degree and masters in business. Not a major or mid major either in sports.

the ionesco recruitment was a corrupt deal with illegal future promises of a scholly for her bro eddy (which never materialized) & nike enrichment for both her & her aau/high school coach (with nike affiliations)

and yeah ionescu's immigrant parents were taken advantage of by those that don't have her best interests in mind, sabrina is one injury away from working at a truck stop in medford, don't kid yourself re: the value of an oregon degree

golden, what school did you attend & are you an oregon wbb fan?

I actually went to a elite small school that had under 10,000 students that was not even a pac-12 school and have a mechanical engineering degree and masters in business. Not a major or mid major either in sports.
    You didn't go to Cal and survived? And became a Cal fan on top of that? I am shocked. How are you even allowed to post here ?
    (Appreciate your level-headed approach to this, and respect for others.)

Yup. Shocky going off again on kids who attended other colleges that don't fit his ideal. I guess when his daughter finishes the motel management coursework @ ASU and advances to maid at the Scottsdale Holiday Inn Express we'll hear about 5* hotels she manages.

the ionesco recruitment was a corrupt deal with illegal future promises of a scholly for her bro eddy (which never materialized) & nike enrichment for both her & her aau/high school coach (with nike affiliations)

and yeah ionescu's immigrant parents were taken advantage of by those that don't have her best interests in mind, sabrina is one injury away from working at a truck stop in medford, don't kid yourself re: the value of an oregon degree
    This is one of the worst posts I've ever read on this board -- insulting, demeaning and wrong.

It has been pointed out to me that recruits read this board. So what would you think if you were a parent or prospective player and read this kind of garbage? Would you want to join Shocky as an alum? Would you want to be part of his club?

It is more than sad that Shocky insults people he does not know, and parades his ignorance about other universities. It degrades this board, and the University of California as well, and if Sabrina Ionescu had ever thought about transferring closer to home, I would guess it's pretty much guaranteed it won't happen now.

If Shocky is an example of the kind of person the UC system produces, the system isn't nearly as good as he thinks it is; of course, he is just one very bad apple in a large bin, but still ... one would hope for better.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    You didn't go to Cal and survived? And became a Cal fan on top of that? I am shocked. How are you even allowed to post here ?
    (Appreciate your level-headed approach to this, and respect for others.)
    Everyone thinks that everyone in the venue has a degree in their hands from the university they follow. Lucky if half have formal ties. How many fans at a football game ever attended the school. If my career put me in LA I could have very easily followed the Bruins.

Give me a good NAIA small college game or interesting small town high school match up and if I have the time and in the area I am there. It is part of America.
    Last edited by GOLDEN; 06-03-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Unreal....This post is shameful. She chose a school based on what she wanted for herself and it's none our business as to why. The challenge to getting a good education anywhere is to apply yourself in the classroom....whether at community college or one of the finest public (or private) schools in the land. This constant trashing of another institution reflects poorly only on the individual casting aspersions.

There are fine professors at every level (yes, even community college) and if a student engages with them it doesn't matter if they're at Oregon, Washington, Cal, Stanford, etc. The key is wanting to learn and using the resources at hand to do so. If a student is comfortable at her school the more likely she is to apply herself. There are people who graduated from all sorts of institutions who are at the top of their respective fields. This post is shameful.

Supporting Cal programs does not require bashing others. We should all be happy that the Pac-12 has become such a competitive conference, arguably the best in the land.

Everyone thinks that everyone in the venue has a degree in their hands from the university they follow. Lucky if half have formal ties. How many fans at a football game ever attended the school. If my career put me in LA I could have very easily followed the Bruins.

Give me a good NAIA small college game or interesting small town high school match up and if I have the time and in the area I am there. It is part of America.
    I would argue that if Cal does have some winning seasons, its the non-alum attendance that picks up and makes a big difference. It becomes more of a priority to go to, a "hot," or "cool" event among everything else that is an option.