Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Erin Boley, Notre Dame transfer picks a Pac-12 school

Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    thanks for the update...didn't know that Dana Altman had become the women's coach.
    When are you going to go to work for the NCAA and show how helpful and useful you are?
    mb, your kinda a dumb azz so i'll break this down for you, ok?

dana altman with the consent of the women's coach, athletic director & university president offered a fake future scholly to eddy ionescu (a top 50 player in nor cal, not even close to a pac 12 level player) subject to him walking on for a year (and of course sabrina committing to the ducks)...knowing the family couldn't afford out of state tuition for a couple of years in eugene, the opportunity to share her collegiate experience with her brother was a big deal in sabrina's decision...altman on behalf of the women's program told eddy he could be a major contributor for the men's program but that he just didn't have a scholly for him until his sophomore year

of course after she signed the papers the eddy deal went away & now he's at san francisco city college...a naive family consumed by the lies of a slick basketball organization that is loosely affiliated with an academically mediocre school...sabrina's educated older brother graduated from st marys (only person in the family with a college degree) saw thru the oregon manipulations & recommended cal all along as the best 50 year decision but sabrina voted with her heart & not her head

>dana altman with the consent of the women's coach, athletic director & university president offered a fake future scholly to eddy ionescu (a top 50 player in nor cal, not even close to a pac 12 level player) subject to him walking on for a year (and of course sabrina committing to the ducks)..

Please source this. It is not true, and I would like to see what kind of documentation or proof you have of this contention.

Of course you have no source, and it's a disgusting post at numerous levels.

>the opportunity to share her collegiate experience with her brother was a big deal in sabrina's decision...altman on behalf of the women's program told eddy he could be a major contributor for the men's program but that he just didn't have a scholly for him until his sophomore year

Please source this. Presumably you talked to Sabrina (I saw her today, as a matter of fact). And please source Altman's statement.

Another disgusting lie.

>.a naive family consumed by the lies of a slick basketball organization that is loosely affiliated with an academically mediocre school...sabrina's educated older brother graduated from st marys (only person in the family with a college degree) saw thru the oregon manipulations & recommended cal all along as the best 50 year decision but sabrina voted with her heart & not her head

This is contradictory. If the family is naive, then the brother's advice is naive, as he is a member of the family.

Your statements about the Ionescu family are disgusting lies, as are most of your posts.

For the record, I am not close to the Ionescu family, nor particularly close to Sabrina, but this kind of garbage cannot go unchallenged. Those who may be familiar with my years of posting on other forums might be aware that I do not use the words "disgusting" or "lies" without extreme provocation, but all of this is way over the line.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

clay k, the 2nd part of ionescu's corrupt recruitment involved a self serving high school basketball coach, perhaps you know him?

he got his entire aau team an all expenses paid trip for a holiday basketball tournament in eugene funded by nike which was a strategically planned recruiting pitch to sabrina...ionescu visited the nike facility & there have been overtures that she'll be the face of future advertising/branding & cash flow...then her coach stayed in her ear re: the ducks which resulted in a significant increase in his aau funding for this season with her signature, his only wavering moment when he tried to do a package deal with washington for her & him as an assistant coach but he couldn't figure out how to keep his east bay insurance operation going until she left seattle & presumably would then be replaced in that he brings nothing else to the table

eddy's oregon recruitment before sabrina's signature to the ducks: http://www.dailyemerald.com/2015/10/...-eddy-ionescu/

eddy's oregon recruitment after sabrina's signature to the ducks: http://www.scout.com/college/oregon/...on-in-the-fall

Note that no sources are referenced.

And if indeed Kelly Sopak's team got an all-expenses paid trip to Oregon to play in the Nike Interstate -- which at least one team gets every year -- how is that different than any elite high school team getting an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere across the country? St. Mary's of Stockton has ridden free for years, and so have the other elite programs, and it's all about recruiting and coaches.

But what does that have to do with the unfounded and slanderous statements about the Ionescu family and Dana Altman? And what are your sources for those statements?

Like our president, sometimes distraction with bright shiny objects can obscure the primary point, but hopefully it will become clear at some point that Shocky just makes things up to suit his own ends, and does so in a cruel and juvenile manner -- which presumably he feels is an excellent inducement for others to share the same education that shaped him in such positive ways.

clay, read the links in the post above yours, eddy was told by altman that he'd get a 3 year scholly...eddy is a d3 or d2 prospect at best, that's why he's playing jc ball this season

are you aware that sopak's summertime nike aau funding (which pays him a salary) is up over a $100k since he delivered sabrina?

Wow, defending Altman now. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    >dana altman with the consent of the women's coach, athletic director & university president offered a fake future scholly to eddy ionescu (a top 50 player in nor cal, not even close to a pac 12 level player) subject to him walking on for a year (and of course sabrina committing to the ducks)..

Please source this. It is not true, and I would like to see what kind of documentation or proof you have of this contention.

Of course you have no source, and it's a disgusting post at numerous levels.

>the opportunity to share her collegiate experience with her brother was a big deal in sabrina's decision...altman on behalf of the women's program told eddy he could be a major contributor for the men's program but that he just didn't have a scholly for him until his sophomore year

Please source this. Presumably you talked to Sabrina (I saw her today, as a matter of fact). And please source Altman's statement.

Another disgusting lie.

>.a naive family consumed by the lies of a slick basketball organization that is loosely affiliated with an academically mediocre school...sabrina's educated older brother graduated from st marys (only person in the family with a college degree) saw thru the oregon manipulations & recommended cal all along as the best 50 year decision but sabrina voted with her heart & not her head

This is contradictory. If the family is naive, then the brother's advice is naive, as he is a member of the family.

Your statements about the Ionescu family are disgusting lies, as are most of your posts.

For the record, I am not close to the Ionescu family, nor particularly close to Sabrina, but this kind of garbage cannot go unchallenged. Those who may be familiar with my years of posting on other forums might be aware that I do not use the words "disgusting" or "lies" without extreme provocation, but all of this is way over the line.

Clay you need to report the posts using the triangle symbol in the lower left of the offensive post by him so that the moderators can see your feelings and those of others who are sick of his posting. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post

dana altman with the consent of the women's coach, athletic director & university president offered a fake future scholly to eddy ionescu (a top 50 player in nor cal, not even close to a pac 12 level player) subject to him walking on for a year (and of course sabrina committing to the ducks)...knowing the family couldn't afford out of state tuition for a couple of years in eugene, the opportunity to share her collegiate experience with her brother was a big deal in sabrina's decision...altman on behalf of the women's program told eddy he could be a major contributor for the men's program but that he just didn't have a scholly for him until his sophomore year

of course after she signed the papers the eddy deal went away & now he's at san francisco city college...a naive family consumed by the lies of a slick basketball organization that is loosely affiliated with an academically mediocre school...sabrina's educated older brother graduated from st marys (only person in the family with a college degree) saw thru the oregon manipulations & recommended cal all along as the best 50 year decision but sabrina voted with her heart & not her head
    So, where is the NCAA? What have they said to you when you reported this? Or am I dumb azz for asking that too? LOL..
    Funny how you can't handle anything that is slightly defiant. I'm happy for you if you have the info, but your interest in the information is for the purpose of trying to make yourself look cool, and an "insider." You don't think recruits hear rumors on an almost daily basis? And you (allegedly) talk to them?
    Make this is into established facts, something that is a public stigma, a true point of contention in the recruiting battles, and then it means something. Otherwise, your masturbation on message boards is pointless...oh, but not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1 View Post

By the way: I stand by my contribution to Cal sports going back to the time I was at Cal, and my involvement now, though I wish it was more extensive, is something I am proud of.
    You get away calling people a dumb azz here for reasons that aren't clear; you wouldn't on other sites. But I don't need that **** from you, like you are all that is high and mighty about Cal.
    Someone grow a pair and get rid of this asshole. Or is decorum only for the message boards of Rivals and other places?
    Last edited by mbBear; 06-26-2017 at 06:57 AM.

Altman should be outstanding like Todd Bozeman.

>eddy was told by altman that he'd get a 3 year scholly

What is your source for this statement? You make unsubstantiated statement after unsubstantiated statement and apparently believe that if you repeat them enough, they become true.

This is not the case.

And attacking Kelly Sopak is fine, but what does that have to do with your continued slandering of the Ionescu family and your lies about the situation at Oregon? Not to mention, of course, your baseless criticisms of other universities. If you didn't inflict your slime on these message boards, we would all be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    >eddy was told by altman that he'd get a 3 year scholly

What is your source for this statement? You make unsubstantiated statement after unsubstantiated statement and apparently believe that if you repeat them enough, they become true.

This is not the case.

And attacking Kelly Sopak is fine, but what does that have to do with your continued slandering of the Ionescu family and your lies about the situation at Oregon? Not to mention, of course, your baseless criticisms of other universities. If you didn't inflict your slime on these message boards, we would all be better off.
    clay, please read this link, ok?http://www.dailyemerald.com/2015/10/...-eddy-ionescu/
    excerpts:

"ionescu will work toward a three year scholarship "if everything goes well"-yeah if sabrina commits to the ducks but then altman reneged on the deal

"his decision could potentially affect his sister's decision"-that's why a d2 level player got recruited by a team that made the final 4 last year

"eddy ionesco said women's basketball assistant coach mark campbell "really helped out in getting me connected" to the men's program-the manipulation of ionescu family involved multiple people within the oregon athletic department

glad you agree that kelly sopak's hands are also dirty in this corrupt recruitment

clay, you should also be aware that cal never even considered offering a walk on scholly eddy, rules were not going to be bent & an admission spot taken away from a 4.2 gpa deserving regular student just so sabrina could potentially go to scholly with her brother...only a school with very low academic standards does **** like that

>Ionescu will work his way toward a three-year scholarship “if everything goes well.”

That is far from an offer. Qualifiers are phrases within a sentence which diminish the range of the original statement.

"Work his way" is a qualifier. "if everything goes well" is a qualifier.

They teach these things at many universities.

If indeed you know the family, you know why things changed.
    Last edited by ClayK; 06-26-2017 at 02:24 PM.