Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Evolving Roster 2017, 2018

My sense is they will take 2 for sure. If the first 2 to commit does not include Brown they will continue to recruit him if he remains uncommitted. I think 3 is possible but only if that includes Brown or some other yet to be determined player that is simply too good to pass on.

Real Bear
    I'm not sure how many of you saw it, with the draft and all, but we made J'Raan Brooks top 5, along with Stanford and USC, Virginia and Oklahoma. Interesting... The staff has positioned themselves well with a number of awesome 2018 prospects. I hope that they are able to close the deal on a few and this draft day thing where we wait to see where Cal players go in the draft becomes an annual thing.
    Last edited by parentswerebears; 06-22-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6956bear View Post
    My sense is they will take 2 for sure. If the first 2 to commit does not include Brown they will continue to recruit him if he remains uncommitted. I think 3 is possible but only if that includes Brown or some other yet to be determined player that is simply too good to pass on.
    Pretty much or make that potentially three more if they add a to SF and need 2 bigs in addition.

Quote Originally Posted by parentswerebears View Post
    I'm not sure how many of you saw it, with the draft and all, but we made J'Raan Brooks top 5, along with Stanford and USC, Virginia and Oklahoma. Interesting... The staff has positioned themselves well with a number of awesome 2018 prospects. I hope that they are able to close the deal on a few and this draft day thing where we wait to see where Cal players go in the draft becomes an annual thing.
    With a name like that, Oregon makes sense
    Aaron+Dillon=J'raan
    Brooks

Kidding aside, that's awesome!
    Thx for sharing.

Brooks is a very good prospect. Stanford is the supposed leader for him. Glad to make the top 5 though.

Real Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by 6956bear View Post
    Brooks is a very good prospect. Stanford is the supposed leader for him. Glad to make the top 5 though.
    I think that shows that Cal is relevant and an actual option.

Real Bear
    As for NBA draftees out of Cal, I think we have Lee next year, as he should show some serious skills. If we get Brown, he'll be 6 in four years. And that could be one of the longer streaks in the nation.

As for NBA draftees out of Cal, I think we have Lee next year, as he should show some serious skills. If we get Brown, he'll be 6 in four years. And that could be one of the longer streaks in the nation.
    I hope you're right about Lee, but 5th year Seniors who have never displayed anything approaching NBA talent on the court are candidates for a free agent tryout, not the draft.