Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals thread

NBA Finals thread

We need this thread for 2 weeks, if it lasts that long.

Kyrie and LeBron will need 40+ point games to make this a series (or Kevin Love needs to pick up the slack in a huge way).

I thought about starting one of these threads but figured I would let someone else do it.

Warriors wining big. What's new

Go Bears!!!!!

Irving and Lebron were good, but the rest of Cleveland's role players disappeared playing against a team that plays defense

When Cavs picked up Deron Williams and Kyle Korver, I thought that would be a bigger deal.
    Hmmm

Two against the Warriors just does not work.

Add in, watch out for the third quarter...

I saw Lebron miss a number of layups after powerfully driving to get there. That last finishing touch at the rim is what keeps him from being GOAT, imho. Jordan (and Kobe, btw) had it better.

Thompson sill in a shooting slump and can't shoot himself out of it.

Tyron Lue, NO passion as losing coach in post game interview. Not good look for Cavs. Seems not only resigned but matter of fact acceptance. Maybe he could write the newspaper article for these guys.

They say it's good to not get too up or too down, but this is a foreign reaction from my standpoint.

"They're the best I've ever seen", laughing it off...
    Last edited by concordtom; 06-01-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Assuming the dubs stay intact for the next five years, the cavs need to trade Kevin love if they want any shot at beating them.

In this day in age of switching everything, you need to have two-way players to compete with the dubs. You can't have two complete defensive liabilities (irving and love) on the court at the same time. The dubs attacked those two (especially love) till love just about gave up towards the end.

The dubs got any shot they wanted the entire game. Lue is going to have to come up with something pretty creative defensively if the cavs have any shot. But you can't just let Durant isolate love. You just can't. There ain't no Harrison Barnes to hide love anymore
    Last edited by ducky23; 06-01-2017 at 09:07 PM.

I think they start cheating off Klay a la Harrison Barnes last year and see if they can get away with it

Klay obviously had a difficult shooting night but apparently, the person he was guarding went 1 for 10 (or something like that) so he helped tremendously on defense and his points (or lack of them tonight) weren't needed for the Warriors to win

Quote Originally Posted by BearNecessities View Post
    I think they start cheating off Klay a la Harrison Barnes last year and see if they can get away with it
    Good.
    Do it!
    35, blam!

Quote Originally Posted by ducky23 View Post
    Assuming the dubs stay intact for the next five years, the cavs need to trade Kevin love if they want any shot at beating them.

In this day in age of switching everything, you need to have two-way players to compete with the dubs. You can't have two complete defensive liabilities (irving and love) on the court at the same time. The dubs attacked those two (especially love) till love just about gave up towards the end.

The dubs got any shot they wanted the entire game. Lue is going to have to come up with something pretty creative defensively if the cavs have any shot. But you can't just let Durant isolate love. You just can't. There ain't no Harrison Barnes to hide love anymore
    It becomes a management issue, of which Lebron is one.
    Which players in the league will accept less money in order to compete with the best competitive teams? Can Lebron manage that in coming seasons?

seemed like the cavs were determined to run the dubs off the 3 point line. they conceded dunks in order to not give up the 3. cavs going to have to resort to old school in this series. mug, mug and more mugging. they have to foul durant hard enough that he feels it. i actually dont think theyll do it though