Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: NBA Finals thread

GAME 5: Liked fact Kyrie tried to hold Klay up as he was about to take a tumble ... as he jumps to try to block Tristan Thompson shot..
    Draymond closest to hold Klay up, but Kyrie steps in to hold grab his chest as his head is heading towards floor.

As GSW and Cavs players compete, they are able to show sportsmanship to each other.

Memories of a few years back when Steph was flipped by Trevor Ariza in similar scenario.

goGSW 2017/18
    Last edited by gobears; 06-17-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gobears View Post
    GAME 5: Liked fact Kyrie tried to hold Klay up as he was about to take a tumble ... as he jumps to try to block Tristan Thompson shot..
    Draymond closest to hold Klay up, but Kyrie steps in to hold grab his chest as his head is heading towards floor.
    I remembered that play too. Kyrie seems like a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastabear View Post
    Exactly. Read any pro bball fan board. Everyone thinks this Warriors team is using a "cheat code". Everyone. If Lebron then says things that feed into this widely held narrative he isn't just trolling to have a good time with Draymond. He's doubling down and further cementing these views. Of course apparently 7% of all adults in the US think that chocolate milk comes from brown cows, so some people will clearly believe anything no matter how dumb.
    He just tweeted:
    "Yes, you are correct. I know you are talking about me.
    And, you know, I'm expecting a championship ring from the Warriors this year, because I am the one who showed them the cheat code.
    Dumb Liberal Californians, who are going to fall off into the sea, should be thanking me and kissing my ring. They are very unfair."
    Last edited by concordtom; 06-17-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    Oaktown native major p#ssed off here! Oakland can ill afford to lose the countless millions in revenue that will result from the move. I'm not sure what that history lesson someone gave me in this thread has to do with the fact the team has continuously called Oakland its home for close to a half Century at this point. Business is business and the money men can trade up snob wise to SF if they want to but fandom is fandom and I will have no emotional investment in the team once they move, but I won't root against them. With regard to the Raiders, like Fredo, they are dead to me. My new team is the Rams because Goff is a True Blue Golden Bear.
    My two kids and I were all born at Kaiser-Oakland...

Bugs me, too, that the Warriors will be leaving Oakland. Oakland-area fans supported the team through the many lean years. Lacob and his little buddy Gruber/Guber/Whatever seem to have a real arrogance about them, although I gotta say, it ain't braggin' if you can back it up, and the way they turned the team around was impressive (combined with some major luck with Steph and Draymond's development).

They can do it (move the team), but I don't have to like it.

Regarding the Raiders, they're not dead to me until they've actually left. Especially with Marshawn joining the fold, the fans ought to double-down and support them EVEN MORE this year. Then, ideally, just absolutely boycott the team at the very end (either 2019, or the last 1/2 of 2018, if it looks like they're leaving early). I mean, form human barricades around the Coliseum, so nobody can enter.

What would that prove? Nothing.
    Would it ever happen? No.
    Why would I like it? I dunno.

Another fantasy idea would have Marshawn leading the team to two Super Bowl titles in their last years as the Oakland Raiders. Then, right after the second one, completely ripping on Mark Davis on national TV. Up one side and down the other. Then being elected Mayor of Oakland. Then, President.

My sports fantasies are just that. I also dream of Cal going to the Rose Bowl, while I'm still spry and the Rose Bowl is still the Rose Bowl.

Crazy stuff.
    Last edited by Big C_Cal; 06-18-2017 at 02:23 AM.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by btsktr View Post
    You can't compare with Raiders and 49ers because the new arena is financed by private money. I don't think Oakland would have stopped Lacob from building a privately financed arena in Oakland. The fact is that Lacob chose to move to San Francisco not because they offered a better deal, but because that is where he wanted to move. He had every right to do so, but I still don't like it.
    +100 yep even when he announced the acquisition of the Golden State, it was announced in Frisco, not in Oakland. His intent was always to move it to San Francisco and if not SF might have been somewhere in the South Bay. It was a business decision but can you blame him. What did he buy the franchise for 400 Million? Last I heard it was now worth 2.5 Billion.

Quote Originally Posted by 85Bear View Post
    I remembered that play too. Kyrie seems like a good dude.
    Started together on the Olympic team in Rio

Barrister,
    I get that you don't like Oakland being little sister to SF and therefore that W's move there. But at least they are still in very close proximity.

Bigger question is "what's going to happen to oakland's arena and stadium when all these teams leave?? Destined for tear down like candlestick et al??"

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    Barrister,
    I get that you don't like Oakland being little sister to SF and therefore that W's move there. But at least they are still in very close proximity.

Bigger question is "what's going to happen to oakland's arena and stadium when all these teams leave?? Destined for tear down like candlestick et al??"
    If Oakland continues blooming, like it in fact is, two things will happen:
    (1) It will develop (which it is in process of developing) a new identity commensurate with the fact that it will become, and more and more become known as, a desirable destination (for all sorts of stuff and all sorts of people whom others didn't used to want to be like, but will); and
    (2) As a result, professional sports franchises will want to move/stay there. As it is:
    (a) The A's are basically trapped there for a while; and, if the upgrading of Oakland and its people proceeds as projected, then Oaklanders will rise and demand that the A's ownership STOP putting artificial limits on the team's ability to succeed;
    (b) Lacob and Guber could be forced to schedule a more than token number of games at Oracle (or, if the abandonment is as ugly as it could be, a revitalized Oakland might could, at some point, attract another ownership group to set up another team in Oakland (Larry Ellison, anybody?); or
    (c) That latter could also happen to bring another NFL Team to Oakland and its new identity and power, while Mark Davis wallows in Vegas.

Any way to force Davis to leave the "Raiders" name to Oakland, forcing him to come up with a new name, similar to the Browns and Ravens?

(I don't recall the exact details of this as it was so long ago...apologies if this was discussed on another thread)

Quote Originally Posted by 91Cal View Post
    Any way to force Davis to leave the "Raiders" name to Oakland, forcing him to come up with a new name, similar to the Browns and Ravens?

(I don't recall the exact details of this as it was so long ago...apologies if this was discussed on another thread)
    Lawsuit (Cleveland sued Modell, the NFL and the Browns to retain the franchise rights).

Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    Lawsuit (Cleveland sued Modell, the NFL and the Browns to retain the franchise rights).
    Probably should have let that one go

Quote Originally Posted by Strykur View Post
    Reminds me when the the City of Oakland sued to condemn the Raider franchise in the early 80s to keep them from moving to LA. The right to pursue that remedy was upheld by the California Supreme Court. But when the case was then tried on the merits, the City lost and had to pay millions for the Raiders' attorneys fees.