Thread: OT: Northwest Stars AAU club

True Blue Golden Bear

OT: Northwest Stars AAU club

looks like Kelly Sopak current Cal Stars owner and Miramonte H.S. Coach has started a franchise in the Northwest (Wash & Oregon). I'm sure Nike will be heavily sponsoring this club like the one in California.

http://nwstars.net/

http://nwstars.net/meet-our-staff/

They have been around for a few years now.. Basically took other clubs and renamed them under his brand, so it wasn't like he "started" it. And as of now, I don't think they are Nike sponsored but I guess that could change in the future.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by ricehntr5 View Post
    They have been around for a few years now.. Basically took other clubs and renamed them under his brand, so it wasn't like he "started" it. And as of now, I don't think they are Nike sponsored but I guess that could change in the future.
    Thanks for the corrections! So many of Kelly's recent AAU talent has come from the Northwest, will be easier to run his program there rather than travel all the way to California. That will be a lot of commuting for him this summer.

Just to make it clear, Kelly does not coach the Northwest Stars. His only summer coaching is with the Cal Stars Nike Elite.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Yea he definitely does not coach any teams for the NW Stars. I would be surprised if he did anything more than accept money from them really.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    His only summer coaching is with the Cal Stars Nike Elite.
    And with miramonte for the team camps????

There is a Miramonte team camp this year, in fact.
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā