Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: mcneill

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Yeah, they signed 4 star Oak Hill Academy PG Lindell Wigginton. He committed a couple months after McNeill committed. And Virginia combo guard and #2 scorer Marial Shayok is transferring in, too. So plenty of reason to want to transfer out.

Pretty certain he'll get a full release soon. Really bad look for programs to not let recruits go that want out.
    MB - any issue with grades, and McNeill getting into Cal, if this is where he wants to come?

Real Bear
    So what is the likelihood of Darius coming to Cal?

No coaching change so I assume McNeil finally sat down and studied the Cyclones' roster and depth chart.

We'll soon learn how strong Coach Walker's hiring at Cal is a draw for McNeil.

Quote Originally Posted by LOUMFSG2 View Post
    MB - any issue with grades, and McNeill getting into Cal, if this is where he wants to come?
    His grades are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by puget sound cal fan View Post
    No coaching change so I assume McNeil finally sat down and studied the Cyclones' roster and depth chart.
    Or, perhaps more importantly, he sat down and studied the Cal roster.

His grades are fine.
    I believe you. Shocky has posted that this isn't true, just to put that out there.

No, he posted something else, not that he had grades issues.

No, he posted something else, not that he had grades issues.
    He posted a possible SAT issue. Any idea if that is true?

Quote Originally Posted by petalumabear View Post
    or, perhaps more importantly, he sat down and studied the cal roster.
    lol

To borrow from our former president, Coach Jones appears to be positioning himself as a "compassionate competitive recruiter" (add Texas twang). He effectively recruited over Chauca, but used a provision in the rules to give Brandon an option to stay on campus and complete his degree, thereby still making Cal look good compared to our peers, particularly given our stated emphasis on having true student/athletes. Count me very impressed in how the Coach is building his team. Yes, next year's team is going to be a work in progress, but I like the moves he's making to try and boost the talent level. It gives me confidence for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by 89Bear View Post
    He posted a possible SAT issue. Any idea if that is true?
    Just a formality. Had to do the 3 part SAT instead of 2 part. Should get cleared soon.

One of the biggest challenges before him is upgrading talent. The Bears' recruiting of Guards and Wings appears to be going well. Bigs are the priority now, and how that goes will be a determinant of how competitive the Bears will be in 2018-19.

There will be some good bigs additions, too. Lots of strong options right now.

There will be some good bigs additions, too. Lots of strong options right now.
    Yes strong options even beyond Brown. I like the looks of Jaedon LeDee among others.