Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article on Rodgers making up with Cal

Well, neither had quotes from Rodgers and the first guy was fooled by the tweets and put out a story that he was enrolled at Cal for summer school. Plus the second one said his problem with Cal was related to how Tedford was let go but that's not entirely true, either, as Tedford couldn't get Rodgers to come out for his 10 year anniversary celebration, even when he offered to change the date to fit his schedule.

So it remains a mystery why there was the odd estrangement with Cal but I'm glad he's comfortable enough with Wilcox to come back to campus and start to become associated with the program again.

Would love to see him appear at a game like DeSean has a couple times, too, not to mention lots of other players.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Well, neither had quotes from Rodgers and the first guy was fooled by the tweets and put out a story that he was enrolled at Cal for summer school. Plus the second one said his problem with Cal was related to how Tedford was let go but that's not entirely true, either, as Tedford couldn't get Rodgers to come out for his 10 year anniversary celebration, even when he offered to change the date to fit his schedule.

So it remains a mystery why there was the odd estrangement with Cal but I'm glad he's comfortable enough with Wilcox to come back to campus and start to become associated with the program again.

Would love to see him appear at a game like DeSean has a couple times, too, not to mention lots of other players.
    The Merc reporter's first story was technically accurate. He used the word "apparently," as in "Rodgers apparently enrolling at Cal."

Which, yes, he apparently did by saying he was returning to school in multiple tweets.

But as the article pointed out (which I contacted the writer about) the Packers training camp conflicts with Summer School.

The second article is misleading because -- as I've pointed out time and time again -- Rodgers started his years-long "Butte" thing during the final years of the Tedford era.

And he went back to saying "Cal" last season, which was of course during the Dykes era.

Whatever the backstory, I'm really happy Aaron is back to being a Bear.

Absolutely his time at Cal was rivaled really only by the Joe Roth years in terms of raising Cal's football stature.

It shows me that Aaron believes in what Coach Wilcox is doing, and is yet another major endorsement of Wilcox & Co.

Quote Originally Posted by okaydo View Post
    Tra.

And he went back to saying "Cal" last season, which was of course during the Dykes era.
    He did??? Not on the NBC broadcasts I watched. They're taped every few years, so you can't change it game to game or necessarily year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by barabbas View Post
    He did??? Not on the NBC broadcasts I watched. They're taped every few years, so you can't change it game to game or necessarily year to year.
    Here's proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30O0ywN3VAw

Quote Originally Posted by Bear19 View Post
    Whatever the backstory, I'm really happy Aaron is back to being a Bear.

Absolutely his time at Cal was rivaled really only by the Joe Roth years in terms of raising Cal's football stature.

It shows me that Aaron believes in what Coach Wilcox is doing, and is yet another major endorsement of Wilcox & Co.
    At this point, I really don't care. There has rarely been any other player in this generation (other than possibly Lynch) who received so much love from Cal alums and who did so little to return the loyalty. It was extremely insulting and a negative for our recruiting that one of our most famous players refused to say he attended Cal (and most people already knew he attended Cal and, therefore, may have drawn the conclusion that going to Cal was not rewarding). If he wants to make up with Cal, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine as well. I hope most Cal fans are done with hoping he returns the loyalty he received from Cal fans.

Quote Originally Posted by calbear93 View Post
    At this point, I really don't care. There has rarely been any other player in this generation (other than possibly Lynch) who received so much love from Cal alums and who did so little to return the loyalty. It was extremely insulting and a negative for our recruiting that one of our most famous players refused to say he attended Cal (and most people already knew he attended Cal and, therefore, may have drawn the conclusion that going to Cal was not rewarding). If he wants to make up with Cal, fine. If he doesn't, that's fine as well. I hope most Cal fans are done with hoping he returns the loyalty he received from Cal fans.
    You are, and have been, overreacting. It's negative for our recruiting that he didn't say Cal? Come on. Recruits aren't watching SNF intros to see who went where. That's ludicrous. We have a fan base with a bunch of whiny babies, and Aaron has the kind of sense of humor to pester those who get worked up into a tizzy over stupid sh-t. He wanted to give some love to a school that gets none, and did a lot for him. Good for him. Sometimes he says Cal. Great.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Maybe he just hates Berkeley like many of the people on this board?

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    You are, and have been, overreacting. It's negative for our recruiting that he didn't say Cal? Come on. Recruits aren't watching SNF intros to see who went where. That's ludicrous. We have a fan base with a bunch of whiny babies, and Aaron has the kind of sense of humor to pester those who get worked up into a tizzy over stupid sh-t. He wanted to give some love to a school that gets none, and did a lot for him. Good for him. Sometimes he says Cal. Great.
    When I have overreacted in the past when this is the first time I really have posted on this topic? It has been over 10 years since he graduated. How many times has he visited Cal? If all that didn't matter, why do we care now whether he vists or says Cal. I don't really care. How is that whining? The only one who seems to be whining is you. All I said was that, after 10 years, I don't really care whether he forgives Cal for any perceived wrongs or not. How is that over-reacting.

Really, considering that this was my first post on this, you seem to be the one overreacting with your rant, no?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    Maybe he just hates Berkeley like many of the people on this board?
    Wow, it's like Britney Spears saying that those who disagree with Bush hates America. Sometimes you care to disagree because it was a place you once loved and would love it to be the best it can be in your opinion. Disagreement is not hate.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Wow, it's like Britney Spears saying that those who disagree with Bush hates America. Sometimes you care to disagree because it was a place you once loved and would love it to be the best it can be in your opinion. Disagreement is not hate.
    You're overreacting again! Lol. Where's your sarcasm meter?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGOBEARS View Post
    You're overreacting again! Lol. Where's your sarcasm meter?
    Broken. With all the crazy, dogmatic talk from both sides, hard to determine when someone is being sarcastic. Sarcasm and parody have gone to **** when reality is more extreme than the jokes. I should just assume you, of all people, have a sense of humor.

When I have overreacted in the past when this is the first time I really have posted on this topic? It has been over 10 years since he graduated. How many times has he visited Cal? If all that didn't matter, why do we care now whether he vists or says Cal. I don't really care. How is that whining? The only one who seems to be whining is you. All I said was that, after 10 years, I don't really care whether he forgives Cal for any perceived wrongs or not. How is that over-reacting.

Really, considering that this was my first post on this, you seem to be the one overreacting with your rant, no?
    Whether you posted or not is irrelevant, because you've been holding this opinion. That is an overreaction. And, I hope you'd excuse me if I can't keep straight the dozens who have whined about this topic every single time he has said Butte on SNF over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    Whether you posted or not is irrelevant, because you've been holding this opinion. That is an overreaction. And, I hope you'd excuse me if I can't keep straight the dozens who have whined about this topic every single time he has said Butte on SNF over the last few years.
    It is irrelevant, don't write "you have been". Why is it an overreaction to state that I don't care whether he forgives or not? I am indifferent. And don't presume to be able to read my mind. You talk out of turn way too often without knowing what you are talking about. How do you know that I have been holding this opinion? It disappointed me when he didn't say Cal the first time because it seemed odd and I found it very insulting for Cal, but it didn't matter that much to me in the big scheme of things. I just didn't care that much about his connection to Cal if he didn't care.

I get excited when Lynch promotes Cal. I just don't care that Rodgers feels like it is now the right time to visit his school. It seems like an overreaction to say everyone has to care.

So, should I write that you are, and you always have been, riding his jock strap? Not because you have, but because some people have in the past, and you fit the bill now.
    Last edited by calbear93; 06-15-2017 at 11:02 AM.