Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Robert Paylor, injured Cal Rugger

Update on Robert Paylor, injured Cal Rugger

From Robert: "Glad to have my lifting partner for a good workout! Received confirmation of small upper leg muscle controlled twitches today from my doctor!!!"

They are close to reaching $700K in their goal for raising a million dollars for his rehab.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...ca94e14c01e88e

Quote Originally Posted by chalcidbear View Post
    From Robert: "Glad to have my lifting partner for a good workout! Received confirmation of small upper leg muscle controlled twitches today from my doctor!!!"

They are close to reaching $700K in their goal for raising a million dollars for his rehab.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#in...ca94e14c01e88e
    Thanks for posting Chalcid... although i think you posted the wrong link in your post. Here's the YouTube of Robert getting after it (below). Every update I read about this guy inspires me... and it puts my everyday "problems" into real perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by BeggarEd View Post
    Every update I read about this guy inspires me... and it puts my everyday "problems" into real perspective.
    +1000%

In the previous update, there is a video of Robert showing some small movement in his ring and middle finger.
    This is so very important, because the more signs of movement (now) bodes well for additional future gains!

Wow.
    That's great.
    I thought he had zero movement.
    Happy, thanks!

Good news, thanks for updating.

This is good to see. Praying he can continue to make progress.

Go Bears!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uthaithani View Post
    This is good to see. Praying he can continue to make progress.

Go Bears!!
    Great to her of his progress. I was injured 42 years ago with almost the exact same injury. At first I could not move anything, and it took two full years to get everything I was going to get back. I have good arm movement and have always used a manual chair. I would definitely think that Robert will far exceed what I got back with all the new technology and a lot of hard work. Go get Robert you can do it.

In the latest update, there is a video showing some small toe movement!

Donations at $695,000

The latest update:

Some incredible news from Colorado!!!

"I've made great strides this past week. My left hand has gone from barely twitching to improved movement in all my fingers. I have even gained muscle firing in my body below my injury site like my groin, some toes, my hamstrings, and my abs. It's not enough to move my leg or do a sit up yet, but it's a great start!" - Robert

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    The latest update:

"I've made great strides this past week. My left hand has gone from barely twitching to improved movement in all my fingers. I have even gained muscle firing in my body below my injury site like my groin, some toes, my hamstrings, and my abs. It's not enough to move my leg or do a sit up yet, but it's a great start!" - Robert
    That is great to hear. Very encouraging.

Outstanding news.

The latest update:

It is difficult to express how pleased I am to hear this news. Robert continues to inspire!

The latest update:

I urge all Cal fans to check out this latest update (#38) on Robert's Go Fund Me page.
    There is a video of him showing tremendous movement in his fingers.
    Truly inspiring and paving the way for additional future gains!

https://www.gofundme.com/RobertPaylor

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    I urge all Cal fans to check out this latest update (#38) on Robert's Go Fund Me page.
    There is a video of him showing tremendous movement in his fingers.
    Truly inspiring and paving the way for additional future gains!

https://www.gofundme.com/RobertPaylor
    Just donated again. Love Robert's mental and physical toughness. He is far from done working hard to improve his condition. A good lesson for all of us!

More good news, as of 7 July:

"In my second pool session I noticed movement in my hip flexor. Today, I was able to move my leg voluntarily for the first time on dry land! It takes a lot of concentration and the muscle tires quickly. I am ready to get these legs moving!" - Robert