Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on Robert Paylor, injured Cal Rugger

Quote Originally Posted by chalcidbear View Post
    More good news, as of 7 July:

"In my second pool session I noticed movement in my hip flexor. Today, I was able to move my leg voluntarily for the first time on dry land! It takes a lot of concentration and the muscle tires quickly. I am ready to get these legs moving!" - Robert
    **** YEAH!! The Bear does not quit!

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by petalumabear View Post
    Amazing.
    Absolutely miraculous. Bravo!

Great news. It keeps getting better day by day.

True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardog26 View Post
    Just donated again. Love Robert's mental and physical toughness. He is far from done working hard to improve his condition. A good lesson for all of us!
    +1

His mind is focused. Only thing I can do is respect it. Hi 5 to his support they are doing their part.
    I had a close call in 2010 and could have be in the same place he is.

Thankful and Blessed and never taking for granted a single moment in life.

Robert continues to make amazing progress. He is working on sending signals to his legs, and then robotics kick in. You can see the grit and determination in his face. But he's a forward........he knows hard work.

He also got a nice visit from actor Bill Murray to keep his spirits up. The smile is still there, and between Robert and God, there is a big victory ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by TomBear View Post
    Robert continues to make amazing progress. He is working on sending signals to his legs, and then robotics kick in. You can see the grit and determination in his face. But he's a forward........he knows hard work.

He also got a nice visit from actor Bill Murray to keep his spirits up. The smile is still there, and between Robert and God, there is a big victory ahead!

I heard thru the deep grapevine he "can stand with assistance". Not sure how or what that means, based upon prior reports. Perhaps his core has improved significantly. Perhaps if you lock his knees straight....
    A ton of speculation here. Perhaps more of a question for those who know better.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    I heard thru the deep grapevine he "can stand with assistance". Not sure how or what that means, based upon prior reports. Perhaps his core has improved significantly. Perhaps if you lock his knees straight....
    A ton of speculation here. Perhaps more of a question for those who know better.
    Thanks.
    whatever the truth is here, i hope more like it keeps coming. i have no reason to say this besides a gut feeling, but the young man will walk again - may not be for a while, but it will happen.

Jack Clark
    July 19

May 6, 2017...the day of Robert Paylor's Spinal Cord injury. Photo taken during the National Anthem of the Varsity Cup Championship. I showed Robert this photo today at lunch, reminding him of a 6'5", 235lbs athlete with a 19" neck. What has been will be again...

Loyal Bear
    All of his progress is promising stuff. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    ...a 6'5", 235lbs athlete with a 19" neck.

Uh, yeah, that's why I didn't play rugby.
    Yikes!