Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are these our new uniforms? If so, many should be happy.

Are these our new uniforms? If so, many should be happy.

Simple, classic, clean. Very sharp. Evokes the Wolverines, which is a good thing, imo.

Alright!!! I can dig that!

Where did you find that pic anyway?

-h-
    David Houston Jacobs
    E30 Ursus
    --H--

"Creativity takes courage."
    --Henri Matisse

On first glance, I like 'em, but ideally I would like a deeper gold. This is still too yellow, but is probably acceptable since there is no white trim on the numerals. The block numeral looks awesome and will fit in well with the traditional block C. Hope to see an actual photo soon. Drawing gives encouragement.

I think the guy who did the design work for the tweet based it off the jerseys shown at the original UA-Cal presser.

Those were supposed to be just a template for the final design, not the final product.

Highly doubt Cal would release the final design in advance of a highly-publicized media release.

Love the gloves, though, and would like to see some throwback circular stripes on the sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by E30 Ursus View Post
    Alright!!! I can dig that!

Where did you find that pic anyway?

-h-
    Our newest commit tweeted it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    I think the guy who did the design work for the tweet based it off the jerseys shown at the original UA-Cal presser.

Those were supposed to be just a template for the final design, not the final product.
    Very possible! But I'm hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmastapoop View Post
    Our newest commit tweeted it.
    He didn't retweet it. It was his commitment tweet. He had someone he knew design it for him.

He didn't retweet it. It was his commitment tweet. He had someone he knew design it for him.
    Right, I said he tweeted it.

Looks nice but I'd prefer ditching the Cal script on the chest. These days, that's cluttered real estate with all sorts of different patches (conference, shoe company, captain C, bowl, memorial patch, etc). Goff, wearing a Ted patch and captain patch had five chest patches and I assume 6 during the bowl game. It can get very busy and i think it looks nicer when it's clean. I'd like The Cal script if there weren't already other patches there but there's already plenty with UA and P12 at a minimum and we probably don't need another. Just say no to chest patch overkill.
    Last edited by TheSouseFamily; 06-16-2017 at 05:26 PM.

I'm going to hold off the excitement until I see the pants and helmet, this could still go VERY wrong.

If the helmet and pants follow the jersey, it could be really nice.

That jersey looks great. However, I'm throwing this idea back out there again. The script Cal is already on the helmet. I think we need to make it clear that we are California. Outside of the Pac-12 footprint an awful lot of people do not understand that Cal = California = UC Berkeley.

True Blue Golden Bear NYCGOBEARS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchedTheAxeIn82 View Post
    That jersey looks great. However, I'm throwing this idea back out there again. The script Cal is already on the helmet. I think we need to make it clear that we are California. Outside of the Pac-12 footprint an awful lot of people do not understand that Cal = California = UC Berkeley.

Not a bad idea.

We should get the person who designed it for him to design our uniforms.

As long as the new uniforms have blocked numbers, no strips and gold rather than what someone could call yellow, I will be happy.

Btw, I just love the enthusiasm his tweet evokes. I hope he is always that happy to be a Golden Bear.