Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cal to play UCONN Nov 17th

True Blue Golden Bear

Cal to play UCONN Nov 17th

Wow. Just saw UCONN preseason home schedule which includes an early game vs. Cal.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w...061917aaa.html

What an introduction to our incoming freshmen!

Great test for the young Bears. I like how the coaching staff is not afraid to schedule teams like UCONN.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w...askbl-mtt.html

Husky home opener: can Cal be competitive (w/in 20 points) or do they get blownout by 50?
    GO BEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeder71 View Post
    http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w...askbl-mtt.html

Husky home opener: can Cal be competitive (w/in 20 points) or do they get blownout by 50?
    GO BEARS!
    It's almost July and the negativity begins. Can't you just be supportive of the experience these young women will gain by playing against a top-notch program? Geesh.
    Last edited by SFCALBear72; 06-30-2017 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    Wow. Just saw UCONN preseason home schedule which includes an early game vs. Cal.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/w...061917aaa.html

What an introduction to our incoming freshmen!
    Has anyone heard: Are they going to have another game while on the East Coast? Wondering if they going to maybe go down to Princeton, or get a game in against one of the NYC area schools...

Nothing wrong with playing UConn, but it is lambs to the slaughter ...
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Quote Originally Posted by ClayK View Post
    Nothing wrong with playing UConn, but it is lambs to the slaughter ...
    UConn plays great zone as well as man-to-man defense. Geno will know exactly what to do unless we can come up with some new ideas ourselves.

True Blue Golden Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by mbBear View Post
    Has anyone heard: Are they going to have another game while on the East Coast? Wondering if they going to maybe go down to Princeton, or get a game in against one of the NYC area schools...
    It would make sense especially since coachG is from the East coast. Great opportunity to showcase the baby to the kinfolks. My guess they will probably have couple of games (Xhib & regular) before the uconn game. The only other game I know of will be vs Kentucky on Dec 21.

Quote Originally Posted by OBear073akaSMFan View Post
    It would make sense especially since coachG is from the East coast. Great opportunity to showcase the baby to the kinfolks. My guess they will probably have couple of games (Xhib & regular) before the uconn game. The only other game I know of will be vs Kentucky on Dec 21.

I'm thinking they might have another road game wrapped around the UCONN game like they've done in the past. They did play Lehigh and Duquesne last season at home. I'm not sure if those were home and home arrangements.

They are also going to New Zealand and Australia from August 10-23 for 3 games. Nina and Sara get to play in front of family and friends.

I believe they will be playing Brown after UConn - Coach G was working on getting the game set up. Yes her Alma Mater. Great for Cal WBB - road trip to UConn/Brown in November and Kentucky in December. I would love to make the trip to Storrs and Providence - with a visit to NY but do not think it is "in the cards" this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshadetree View Post
    I believe they will be playing Brown after UConn - Coach G was working on getting the game set up. Yes her Alma Mater. Great for Cal WBB - road trip to UConn/Brown in November and Kentucky in December. I would love to make the trip to Storrs and Providence - with a visit to NY but do not think it is "in the cards" this year.
    That would be cool. Also a good contrast opponent vs. the game against a highly ranked UConn team.

I'm good with this cal team playing any team in the country, except uconn. not sure what that accomplishes.
    I dont need easy, I need possible. Jorge Gutierrez

UCONN will be outstanding next year they return a four-headed monster. Plus the Duke transfer Stevens is eligible. We have no chance but should be fun to see how each of our players performs against a barometer like UConn. Will be interesting to see Anigwe since they don't have a traditional post/frontcourt.

Players love to play against the top team in the nation -- it's fun to talk about, win or lose, and down the road, players can say about an Olympian or WNBA starter, "Yeah, I played against her in college -- hit a jumper in her face, as a matter of fact."

It's a little different when you get waxed by the No. 7 team in the nation with no superstars. That's just a painful beatdown ...
    Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā

Wow! I wish the game against UCONN and/or UK (I am a die hard UK fan on the men's side) was here so we could really give them some moral support. Maybe we will see some different looks from coach and staff (coach has to come different this year, nobody is fooled by the hi-low everytime) hopefully they will make adjustments as the game goes along. We won't win (UCONN is a well oiled machinge) but I think the experience is great regardless.