Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cal to play UCONN Nov 17th

I believe UConn will be here next year.

I'd like to go to the game since it is not too far from me (I've already seen the Bears beaten by Uconn 3 times in person--keep hoping for the miracle). Anyone know how I can get an away ticket if I am not a woman's BBall season ticket holder?
    ~The Bear will not quilt. The Bear will not dye.~

I thought I read somewhere that it is a 4 game home/home series so UConn will be coming out in the Fall 2018 & 2020. Also usually when an away preconference game is schedule we play that team at home the next year so hoping to see Kentucky at Haas in 2018.

Not sure about UConn but when I have gone down to LA to watch the Bears play UCLA & USC I bought tickets through those school's online ticket sites (also for UOP and LB State)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigshadetree View Post
    Not sure about UConn but when I have gone down to LA to watch the Bears play UCLA & USC I bought tickets through those school's online ticket sites (also for UOP and LB State)
    Thanks. I am assuming that UConn sells out and especially as the first home game it will be impossible to get seats through UConn. Hope I can get away tix through Cal.

Cal ticket office says there is not an away team allotment for visiting fans. I called UConn and they still don't have the game as listed (not on sale). They said single tix probably will go on sale in September and there should be availability for Cal fans. So I'll grab a few and take the family. I think this will be 4th time I've seen Cal play Uconn in person--they have not been pretty. Maybe this year?

I tried posting a question about tickets for the Cal-UConn game on UConn WBB Facebook page.
    Here are the two replies I received:

Visiting team gets a very few seats near their bench. Some seats are available up HIGH.

A friend of mine would buy tickets early to be sure to get some.
    Then he watched closer to game date to get better ones. The team has a number of seats reserved by the bench. If they are not used, they get released for sale. He was frequently successful. How do I know? I bought the original tickets from him. Takes patience and diligence.