Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: well now, interesting happenings at Oregon

  1. #1

    well now, interesting happenings at Oregon

    Darren Carrington, who decided against entering this year's NFL draft, has been kicked off the team at Oregon

  2. #2
    Wow. I'm surprised that Taggart kicked him off the team. I thought for sure he'd be reinstated after a slap on the wrist.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LACalFan View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised that Taggart kicked him off the team. I thought for sure he'd be reinstated after a slap on the wrist.
    It's a good look for Taggart. I don't know if Helfrich would have done the same.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LACalFan View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised that Taggart kicked him off the team. I thought for sure he'd be reinstated after a slap on the wrist.
    He fired a coach earlier this year for a DUI. You would think that move would have gotten the attention of his team. I guess not....

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by packawana View Post
    It's a good look for Taggart. I don't know if Helfrich would have done the same.
    Helfrich probably would have had him back in after a game or two. It's kind of weird what Taggart is doing considering how the Duck BBall team has been operating.

  6. #6
    Taggart told the whole team when he was hired to stay out of the bars but specifically Taylor's and the word was that Carrington had been there and then the DUI hit. Good news that he's cracking down and that he backs up his words with action. The final piece re: Carrington is that he'd been in trouble before under the prior regime(s) so he's clearly lacking common sense given Taggarts admonition to the team.

  7. #7
    DUI happens 2 weeks ago. Taggart waits until 2 days after the NFL supplemental draft to kick him off the team. Cold blooded.

  8. #8
    True Blue Golden Bear bearister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Out here on the perimeter there are no stars Out here we is stoned – immaculate. J. Morrison
    Posts
    12,348
    Quote Originally Posted by oskigobears View Post
    Darren Carrington, who decided against entering this year's NFL draft, has been kicked off the team at Oregon
    What do you have to do to get kicked off an Oregon sports team? Murder someone?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBlue1999 View Post
    DUI happens 2 weeks ago. Taggart waits until 2 days after the NFL supplemental draft to kick him off the team. Cold blooded.
    I would say it's the opposite. Carrington probably knew he was gone, but coach waited to kick him off the team until after the draft so as not to tank his stock.

  10. #10
    Taggart did send a message to his players. Looks like his warnings are for real.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear19 View Post
    Taggart did send a message to his players. Looks like his warnings are for real.
    For their players' sake, I still hope it's okay to drive under the influence of weed.

  12. #12
    True Blue Golden Bear going4roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    OAKLAND CA USA
    Posts
    15,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Big C_Cal View Post
    For their players' sake, I still hope it's okay to drive under the influence of weed.
    We smoked it all

  13. #13
    According to this article, Carrington has actually graduated from Oregon.

    http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/inde...rington_d.html

    I realize it's a low bar, but he's not a complete screw-up.

  14. #14
    Here's what I thought this thread was going to be about...http://www.oregonlive.com/health/ind...s_for_gon.html

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bearister View Post
    What do you have to do to get kicked off an Oregon sports team? Murder someone?
    He has previously been suspended for failing a drug test, cited for having an open container of alcohol, and accused of pushing a man to the ground and breaking his arm in a confrontation on the street that apparently took place because Carrington mistook the man for someone else he had previously had an issue with.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •