Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: UCLA's new Under Armour uniforms released (photos & video)

  1. #1

    UCLA's new Under Armour uniforms released (photos & video)

    They went very traditional as well. The numbers are kind of nod to their old school Clarendon font. I like em but actually think ours are objectively better. The released away uniform is all-white.

    https://twitter.com/UCLAFootball/sta...77158221488129








  2. #2
    Should have gone with one shade lighter blue, but solid. They have good uniforms and don't need to do anything fancy.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBear21 View Post
    Should have gone with one shade lighter blue, but solid. They have good uniforms and don't need to do anything fancy.
    I'm not sure if this is the same blue as the last one (especially since Ucla has changed their blue often in recent decades) but the last one was the subject of a lot of research and specifically designed to show up the best on TV.

  4. #4
    We should let Moraga know; UCLA now has BLOCKED numbers on their new uniforms. I will bet some really "in fashion" person picked these BLOCKED numbers to give their uniforms the best possible look.

  5. #5
    Real Bear
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    East of Tomales Bay; west of Eagle Lake; south of Sauvie Island; north of Pismo Beach
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonofoski View Post
    We should let Moraga know; UCLA now has BLOCKED numbers on their new uniforms. I will bet some really "in fashion" person picked these BLOCKED numbers to give their uniforms the best possible look.
    +1 Agree.

    More traditional good look. Not Hi-Tech.

    Maybe U/A couldn't design block numbers on a Navy or Yale Blue background. Wrong chroma. Unfeasible.

  6. #6
    Another video breaking down the uniform: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOYD5dltYZM

    I'd like to see us doing something like this.

  7. #7
    Yeah, that video's a good idea. Would like to see something similar for Cal.

  8. #8
    They're solid. I also think ours are better tbh, though I have a bias. Overall, their Cal and UCLA looks are a very good look for UA. They're uniforms both schools can keep for a long time.

    If/when Joe Roth uniforms are released, they'll be the best look in the entire UA catalog.

  9. #9
    Love the Roth uniforms and have a Roth jersey myself.

    Would really like to see them use the same gold pants they use in the regular Cal unis, though. The blindingly bright yellow pants used in 2007 was my only complaint.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Love the Roth uniforms and have a Roth jersey myself.

    Would really like to see them use the same gold pants they use in the regular Cal unis, though. The blindingly bright yellow pants used in 2007 was my only complaint.
    Is that the same yellow Joe wore, or did Nike just go extra yellow in the late 2000s?

  11. #11
    I like block numbers as well, but I do not like UCLA's blocked numbers.

  12. #12
    I can tell by the stitching that we have all the same stuff UCLA has, they just explained it in the video.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by socaliganbear View Post
    Is that the same yellow Joe wore, or did Nike just go extra yellow in the late 2000s?
    Seems to be brighter yellow





    The 2007 ones were game-used. When they first came out before the rain, they were super bright.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Only one post about blocking... Perhaps things are looking up.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •