Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jorge Gutierrez -Summer League Trailblazers

Quote Originally Posted by concordtom View Post
    So, seriously, please explain.
    $30 per day
    8 games per day
    2 weeks long?
    Requires travel to vegas, accommodations, food/water.
    Anything else?
    Olympic (summer) years, USA team opens their practice at UNLV and then plays exhibition game and the move their practice to various other cities before they go to Olympic site... NBA summer league then starts up the next day as USA team exists the city... Went there in 2012 to watch team USA and then watch the 1st few days of Summer league... Got to see GSW with Draymond, Festus, and Barnes... Klay Thompson was not a key player yet, but was focal player for GSW summer league team and he went off, with the green light to launch 3's from anywhere... Draymond was the 2nd rounder.. and I did not really know who he was... but saw his hustle and being a vocal leader from 1st minute he was on court.. Did I see at that point Draymond would become DPOY? nope, but I did notice his hustle and leadership skills..

Would not want to watch 2 weeks of summer league, but a day or two.. (coupled with watching Team USA) the set up is great.

Thanks for posting that. Jorge makes his defender look foolish. And then the aftermath where the two defenders collide and fall to the floor like bowling pins is great comedy!

Quote Originally Posted by gobears View Post
    Olympic (summer) years, USA team opens their practice at UNLV and then plays exhibition game and the move their practice to various other cities before they go to Olympic site... NBA summer league then starts up the next day as USA team exists the city... Went there in 2012 to watch team USA and then watch the 1st few days of Summer league... Got to see GSW with Draymond, Festus, and Barnes... Klay Thompson was not a key player yet, but was focal player for GSW summer league team and he went off, with the green light to launch 3's from anywhere... Draymond was the 2nd rounder.. and I did not really know who he was... but saw his hustle and being a vocal leader from 1st minute he was on court.. Did I see at that point Draymond would become DPOY? nope, but I did notice his hustle and leadership skills..

Would not want to watch 2 weeks of summer league, but a day or two.. (coupled with watching Team USA) the set up is great.

Thx!
    Great report!