Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60

Thread: OT: King in the North had no idea who Aaron Rodgers was

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastabear View Post
    So Daenerys is his aunt? Never really thought through that one.
    Before Martin would sign off on doing a televised series, the creators had to answer correctly who Jon Snow's parents were. They got it right. I otoh got it second hand from someone who read a blog somewhere.

  2. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rathokan View Post
    no they are half brothers/sisters. different mothers, but the mad king was their father.
    Daenerys is Jon Snow's aunt, but it's a tenuous connection because he was had out of wedlock. Jon Snow's father was Daenerys' brother Rhaegar, the mad king's son. Jon Snow's mother was Ned Stark's sister, Lyanna, who he ran off with from his wife Elia (Martell) to be with, which started a major war that precipitated the overthrow of the Targaryens and the rise of Robert Baratheon to king.

    To prove I spend too much time on GOT, that answer was based on memory, without looking at the charts.

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by burritos View Post
    Before Martin would sign off on doing a televised series, the creators had to answer correctly who Jon Snow's parents were. They got it right. I otoh got it second hand from someone who read a blog somewhere.
    That's correct. The producers (Benioff and Weiss) said so themselves in several interviews.

    That was pretty astute of them to figure it out because it wasn't obvious at all from any of the books.

  4. #19
    If my aunts looked like that I would have looked forward to my extended family gatherings a lot more

  5. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by burritos View Post
    oh yes you are right. thanks for that.

    for some reason, i always think that Danny is a generation younger than she is. even though

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by rathokan View Post
    oh yes you are right. thanks for that.

    for some reason, i always think that Danny is a generation younger than she is. even though
    Easy mistake since she's 25 years younger than her brother (Jon Snow's father Rhaegar).

    Jon's probably actually a little older than Danny.

    Another interesting note: According to the books, her nephew Aegon, who was @2 years younger than her, actually survived during Robert's Rebellion, with a substituted baby dying at the hands of The Mountain. He was raised in training to be a warrior and commander. He'd presumably have a claim to the throne, too.

    Will be interesting to see if the show introduces him but I doubt they have time for that story arc.

  7. #22
    True Blue Golden Bear okaydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bearilinga, CA
    Posts
    22,136
    YESSSS!


  8. #23
    I bet Aaron is more interested in whether the mother of dragons knows who he is.

    And unrelated, interesting how sansa stark and daenerys are born two years apart in the above family tree, but obviously not cast that way.
    Last edited by ColoradoBear1; 07-17-2017 at 08:01 PM.

  9. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by rathokan View Post
    no they are half brothers/sisters. different mothers, but the mad king was their father.
    Actually the half brother is Tyrion (or at least that's the theory that makes most sense to me)

  10. #25
    That's a legit theory that's out there and I think it might be correct.

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    That's a legit theory that's out there and I think it might be correct.
    I believe that all of Tywin's children are actually Aerys' bastards. He was known to rape Tywin's wife and that explains Tyrion most importantly. He also has a connection to dragons where he's been dreaming about them and he was also able to connect with Daenerys' chained up dragons. And that's also why Tywin obviously hates his guts. But Cersei and Jaime both act like Targaryens with their incestuous tendencies. Also Cersei is very much like the Mad King. I also think it would be fitting for Tywin Lannister to actually have no true children of his own despite his extreme obsession with keeping his family name alive.

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ARbear View Post
    I believe that all of Tywin's children are actually Aerys' bastards. He was known to rape Tywin's wife and that explains Tyrion most importantly. He also has a connection to dragons where he's been dreaming about them and he was also able to connect with Daenerys' chained up dragons. And that's also why Tywin obviously hates his guts. But Cersei and Jaime both act like Targaryens with their incestuous tendencies. Also Cersei is very much like the Mad King. I also think it would be fitting for Tywin Lannister to actually have no true children of his own despite his extreme obsession with keeping his family name alive.
    What would make it even better is that if Tywin knew deep down this was true. It would elevate the tragedy of his character even further.

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ARbear View Post
    I believe that all of Tywin's children are actually Aerys' bastards. He was known to rape Tywin's wife and that explains Tyrion most importantly. He also has a connection to dragons where he's been dreaming about them and he was also able to connect with Daenerys' chained up dragons. And that's also why Tywin obviously hates his guts. But Cersei and Jaime both act like Targaryens with their incestuous tendencies. Also Cersei is very much like the Mad King. I also think it would be fitting for Tywin Lannister to actually have no true children of his own despite his extreme obsession with keeping his family name alive.
    Interesting. I think it's pretty clear that Rhaegar is Jon Snow's father from the tv show (less so from the books) but I had never heard the Tyrion is the Mad Kings son theory before. Was going to ask where people were getting this when I saw your post. Definitely possible, but at best this ones in the tbd category.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastabear View Post
    Interesting. I think it's pretty clear that Rhaegar is Jon Snow's father from the tv show (less so from the books) but I had never heard the Tyrion is the Mad Kings son theory before. Was going to ask where people were getting this when I saw your post. Definitely possible, but at best this ones in the tbd category.
    I don't know. There are very convincing cases out there, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ4anyro9y4

  15. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    I don't know. There are very convincing cases out there, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ4anyro9y4
    Is Tyrion hands down everyone's favorite character or at least their top 3 favorites?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •