Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SAHPC Construction Progress

SAHPC Construction Progress

Here is a website where regular project constructions will be available:

Project Info Details

I suggest devoted Cal fans can bookmark it for those midnight moments happen when you just have to be sure the project is still underway.

I hear that a 24 x 7 webcam is in the works. As I learn more I'll post it.

I have a few current site photos that I'll post shortly.

chitownbear
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyBear View Post

Project Info Details

I suggest devoted Cal fans can bookmark it for those midnight moments happen when you just have to be sure the project is still underway.

Webcam? Let's call it RecruitCam, for all the great four- and five-star recruits we will get from the SAHPC construction, as has been predicted oh so many times on this board.

Let's hope the prophets are correct!

GO BEARS!!!

drunkoski
    long overdue!!!!

Yeah! 24/7 web cam progress reports!

They update the notices every Thursday or Friday.That along with photos once in awhile is ok.However a webcam would be NICE when they start digging.
    I'll probably make a Berkeley run this weekend to see if the Stadium is open.
    If so, I'll wander in and take some more snaps and post 'em.

"Monday, Feb 23... safe demolition of the Rock Wall."

From the artist renduring, it doesn't look like they'll be using them. I'm planning to put up a retaining wall in my backyard. I wish I could bid on these rocks.

Go BEARS!

Form follows function!

I hope it's not just another pretty building! Are there any drawings of what the inside is going to look like?

pretty pathetic renderings

Quote Originally Posted by GreyBear View Post

Project Info Details

Very amateurish. Shows NOTHING except some wimpyly drawn trees. (I used to do a lot of renderings in water color, ink, pencil and guache...made a lot of $ forty years ago when I was still in school doing them. I know of what I speak.)

Dudes....click on Grey Bears' link.Click The Campaign For Student Athletes.
    Click Project description.Click Southeast Campus...EIR.Then click Community
    Meeting notices.Click open house graphics and check out the proposed
    Stadium lights and concourse cut-a-ways.

I purposely had you click through this way so you can see all the pages with
    different links.Man,there is so much stuff in there....However,most of it is
    2yrs old,so it's not gospel.

I would guess the reason we haven't seen any interior shots is that is an ongoing design process.With the probability that the SAHPC and the Stadium
    construction is concurrent,my guess is that the drawings are not complete.
    Or it's just a case of..it's none of our damn bidness !

Lost Art

Hand drawn renderings are a lost art....cherish your memories but dont think you're going to see them much anymore....too much time and cash...computer is faster. clients dont want to pay for them and design firms aren't going to front the cost when 90% of the people out there dont know the difference.

What's new at the construction site? When I was in town for the Berkeley Nano Forum this past Sunday, I had time during a break for a quick walk along the Piedmont side of the site. Through the fencing I could see the large hole-drilling machine and what I took to be a pile driver still there; however, I didn't see the large pile of I-beams that were there before.
    Last edited by BAMSPhD; 04-28-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: fixed typos

I'm seeing quite a few dump trucks traveling along Shattuck Ave. I'm assuming they are going to/from the site. I'm hoping there's some major excavation going on.
    Setting up a web cam would sure be helpful.

Thanks for the updates, BAMSPhD & CBF. Much appreciated.

I was on campus, today, and I checked the construction site from above. They were digging along the West-side which is the area of the SAHPC! It should be a large pit by week's end how quickly they were going to town on it.

A previous dig which is pictured in Grey Bear's recent post about cost is on the North-side. Does anyone know if this is the future site of an underground parking lot?

Go BEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by jankoski View Post
    I was on campus, today, and I checked the construction site from above. They were digging along the West-side which is the area of the SAHPC! It should be a large pit by week's end how quickly they were going to town on it.

A previous dig which is pictured in Grey Bear's recent post about cost is on the North-side. Does anyone know if this is the future site of an underground parking lot?

Go BEARS!
    I heard that the underground lot was axed as a concession to the City of Berkeley so they wouldn't participate in future obstructionist litigation regarding the stadium. Am I wrong on this?