Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: SAHPC Construction Progress

Chancellor Birgeneau made a few comments regarding the stadium construction progress at a presentation this morning in Sibley Auditorium that I attended. The Chancellor was taking a break from a 5-hour conference call of Pac-12 leaders, where they were to decide whether to stay with the BCS or campaign for a playoff system.

- construction progress was one month behind due to rain, but the contractors have caught up due to the unusually dry weather.
    - the contract says that the work is to be finished by August 28
    - the first game is September 1, leaving little margin for error
    - during Homecoming week (October 5-6-7) there will be an open house at the stadium and the Simpson Center

Benches delivered?

In the past few days long boxes have been placed all around the stadium. I can only imagine that these are new benches for the north and south ends and West side (other than were there will be seats). The inner wall around the field is almost done. The stadium is really getting done.

I would like to see some photos of the Service Center on the north side of the stadium.

Service center

I was over there yesterday.It's hard to see with the trees and the huge digger in the way.You can see the slope for the staircase and the general size of it but little detail other than that.Maybe next time I'll walk to the south end of Maxwell and take some pics.Another truckload of benches showed up when I was there.There were a lot of people cleaning up near the last container which I assume will be leaving shortly.This week they are scheduled to lower the field.The bowl is definitely getting close to completion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Todays 30 second CMS YT vid (link)

Click me, Like vid (if you do), comment even.. don't cost nothin':
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htNFs...&feature=g-u-u

#GoBears
    deport terrorist threat Jesus, homeland security confirmed illegal alien.

Hey, is it just me, or is the stadium renovation camera not working anymore? It's been stuck on the image from May 28. Anyone know anything about this?

Yes, something was announced..

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Bears Great View Post
    Hey, is it just me, or is the stadium renovation camera not working anymore? It's been stuck on the image from May 28. Anyone know anything about this?
    .. dunno by who, or when (sorry), that an upcoming work action item meant the obs point was in the way, gonna be closed. On the CMS tour possibly.

For obvious followup questions (for how long, link), sorry.. hand-waving is all I got.

Good eye CBG.
    deport terrorist threat Jesus, homeland security confirmed illegal alien.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Bears Great View Post
    The 'control camera' image still gets updated (it seems to be just one day behind). The image isn't as big as the 'control panorama' one though.

Quote Originally Posted by HitSquad10 View Post
    The 'control camera' image still gets updated (it seems to be just one day behind). The image isn't as big as the 'control panorama' one though.
    Nice, thanks for the heads up. I'm addicted to that thing.

Goal Posts by Mid-July

According to the June 27 Construction update, installation of the goal posts is scheduled to begin in mid-July.

WRsrarrllllreededda

Need more pictures of field installation to fuel increasing excitement

Pica

Quote Originally Posted by BAMSPhD View Post
    Thank you.Awesome.