Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jahii Carson PG (2011)

Jahii Carson PG (2011)

He just decommitted from Oregon State. He's a scoring point guard from Mesa, AZ.. Can shoot it from deep and take you off the dribble. I'd go after him if I was Monty. Would be nice to have options just in case we don't land Turner or Bell. Here's a recent highlight reel.
    Last edited by tsubamoto2001; 04-08-2010 at 09:30 PM.

As an athlete, he's clearly above Turner and Bell, and just about anyone else nationally in the class, and maybe just below in terms of running a team. Definite potential to be the best 2011 pg on the west coast.

I couldn't view the highlight reel you posted. However, this reel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6X4IbLeiBE

shows some of his skills. Plays D pretty well. He might be a bit short for MM liking...

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Couple of his drive and dishes were sick.

Mike Zillion
    Quote Originally Posted by tsubamoto2001 View Post
    He just decommitted from Oregon State. He's a scoring point guard from Mesa, AZ.. Can shoot it from deep and take you off the dribble. I'd go after him if I was Monty. Would be nice to have options just in case we don't land Turner or Bell. Here's a recent highlight reel.
    Rivals said he was an early offer by us before, so there could be some mutual interest there.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1072467

Torrey Pines! woot!

Basketball Why did he cut the cord with OSU?

inquiring minds want to know!

Mike Zillion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineyardview View Post
    inquiring minds want to know!
    Opposes Obamacare

anyone know if he's a real 5' 10" or more of the Jerome school of 5'10".??
    Personally, I'd prefer just a couple of additional inches of vert if the skill set is comparable in the taller kid...

Quote Originally Posted by petalumabear View Post
    anyone know if he's a real 5' 10" or more of the Jerome school of 5'10".??
    Personally, I'd prefer just a couple of additional inches of vert if the skill set is comparable in the taller kid...
    He's listed at 5'11" on a few sites, so I'd guess he is probably a "real 5'10".

It was more toungue in cheek tsuba... so many of athletes "measurements" are so far off its laughable.... Jerome was listed @ 5'10" and was closer to 5'8"... my only point was I'd rather see a few more inches at the position..
    thanks

TSUBAMOTO2001 out of curiousity are you a UCLA or CAL fan?

Fwiw

FWIW,According to Rivals, Cal has offered him, along with Oregon and UNLV. According to Scout, Oregon State is his only offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Twams View Post
    TSUBAMOTO2001 out of curiousity are you a UCLA or CAL fan?
    Both, I did undergrad at UCLA and went did grad school at Cal, though when push comes to shove, I lean more toward Cal since I grew up a fan and was born and raised in the Bay Area.

Carson is starting to really blow up. He is beginning to attract lots of attention. I like his explosiveness and has good range as well. He can play over the rim and has a strong body for a HS junior. Definite top prospect, will have multiple good offers by end of Spring.