Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Ted Miller's mailbag

Mike Zillion

From Ted Miller's mailbag

And, oh by the way, Cal fans: Your team is the only one in the conference with closed practices. That's my guess why there's been such a dearth of stories this spring.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/archiv...nth/april-2010

Real Bear
    It's because our "secret" gameplan is so dominating. I mean, I wouldn't want the other team to know that when we run the wildcat, we will either hand it off to Isi or have Vereen run it up the middle.

I wish we could become the type of team that even if the other team watched everyone one of our practices and knew exactly what we were going to do, they couldn't stop us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Zillion View Post
    Thank God! We are way overdue for a closed practices thread. I was getting the shakes. I'll get the "It doesn't matter" camp started:

It doesn't matter.

The ball is in your court, b**ches.

Given the hostility of many Cal academics towards athletics, and the general angst among people toward big time college sports given the economy, I say - No news may be the best news. Keep a low profile, then come fall, kick some butt, get to the promised land, and play clean and scandal-free ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear93 View Post
    Given the hostility of many Cal academics towards athletics, and the general angst among people toward big time college sports given the economy, I say - No news may be the best news. Keep a low profile, then come fall, kick some butt, get to the promised land, and play clean and scandal-free ball.
    Yeah we certainly kicked some butt the last 3 years using this philosophy! Keep bringing it!

Will Miller have the balls to point that out to JT and ask for a reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by calfan04 View Post
    Yeah we certainly kicked some butt the last 3 years using this philosophy! Keep bringing it!
    Tedford has only ever barely tolerated the media, and was just looking for an excuse to close practices altogether. He's had great success as an up-tight hard-ass and he's been mediocre as an up-tight hard-ass. People only complain about it when we're 8-4.

I love that the practices are closed because no other team does. And I'm serious. If Tedford wants to run closed practices that's good enough for me. I think anyone who thinks they should be open makes really good points, probably even better than mine, but I don't think we are going to be a better team if Tedford opened them up so I don't care.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garjinga View Post
    Thank God! We are way overdue for a closed practices thread. I was getting the shakes. I'll get the "It doesn't matter" camp started:

It doesn't matter.

The ball is in your court, b**ches.
    I'll get the Ben Braun's gotta go thread moving.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Bear View Post
    I love that the practices are closed because no other team does. And I'm serious. If Tedford wants to run closed practices that's good enough for me. I think anyone who thinks they should be open makes really good points, probably even better than mine, but I don't think we are going to be a better team if Tedford opened them up so I don't care.
    We don't know whether open or closed practices cause any particular kind of result, so either camp can say whatever they want, and guess what ... it's impossible to measure the efficacy either way. How's that for getting all worked up?

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    I'll get the Ben Braun's gotta go thread moving.
    Fire Holmoe!

Quote Originally Posted by DangerBear View Post
    Fire Holmoe!
    Riley is better than Longshore!

Quote Originally Posted by BeggarEd View Post
    Riley is better than Longshore!
    Alamar has got to go!

Quote Originally Posted by maxer View Post
    Alamar has got to go!
    Gregory too. I hate the BBDB! Can't we rush more than 3 guys?

Northern or Southern California -- which is better?