Thread: Warriors pick.........

Warriors pick.........

Ekpe Udoh!!!!

And Don Nelson sets the franchise back even further

How quickly can Cohan sell so we can get a regime change? Not fast enough for me.

Udoh is a "nice" player but far from the best pick for the W's. Good shot blocker and defender. Negligible offensive game. Another in a long list of long, skinny, athletic but relatively less skilled big men for the team.

The Warriors always draft the same guy three times in case two of them don't work out.

Mike Zillion
    Quote Originally Posted by CalHoopFan View Post
    How quickly can Cohan sell so we can get a regime change? Not fast enough for me.

Udoh is a "nice" player but far from the best pick for the W's. Good shot blocker and defender. Negligible offensive game. Another in a long list of long, skinny, athletic but relatively less skilled big men for the team.
    He's not even really that long.

then they trade the 3rd, so they can start all over again...

Guy's Still A Better Pick.....

Than Randolph/Wright/O'Bryant clone Greg Monroe...

Quote Originally Posted by BBIGN View Post
    Randolph, Wright, and cheesecake are pretty different players so it's a strange statement to make. It's even more odd considering that Monroe's purported strength is passing and with the possible exception of Randolph none of the guys you list are adept at passing.

I'm not happy with the pick (Adonal Foyle 2.0, w00t) but it's not like they passed up on anyone who looks like they've got a good shot at being an All Star. This summer is all about ending Cohan's reign of error. La-rry! La-rry! La-rry! I hope they webcast the new owner firing Rowell.

He will defend, block shots and be a good teammate. He is not a scorer or passer. With the current group of players the Warriors have no post scoring. Monroe would have been a better offensive player for sure. Warriors went safe. They know what they will get with him. The Warriors need this ownership change to happen before the season starts. They need to pay off Nelson and get him out and start fresh. This team has lots of issues, and the most loyal fan base in sports deserves much better.

Mike Zillion
    Quote Originally Posted by BBIGN View Post
    Greg Monroe isn't a clone of any of those guys, though I'm glad they didn't pick him.

By the edge where the trees meet the sea.
    The W's missed out after SAC picked the chubby problem child, DmC. Monroe was not a good choice. Should they have picked the C Orton from UK?

If they wait a year they might be able to sign DmC and Jamarcus Russell to nice fat contracts.
    "You ain't got nothing if you ain't got swagger." __

I would pay money to watch that webcast.

Typical Warriors - shoved down to No. 6 in a five-player draft. I doubt it matters much who they picked at that spot.

By the edge where the trees meet the sea.

Go Ekpe Udoh!

Quote Originally Posted by jyamada View Post
    Ekpe Udoh!!!!
    I like Udoh already. He's a good kid, a late bloomer and very athletic. Not the shooter in the middle like Gasol or some of the other dominant wonder-boy, but not a risky head case like Cousins likely is. A better choice than the alternatives considering they couldn't make a trade. The other guy left to consider was Orton.
    "You ain't got nothing if you ain't got swagger." __

I Like the pick

Given what they had to choose from...I like him. The Warriors needed a guy like him - Biedrnis (sp?) regressed so much this year with his injuries that its hurt the warriors in lots of ways - much like Nelson does. The Warriors have plenty of small players who can score - they need bigs who defend and can finish.