Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geoff McArthur -- now a star in the classroom

Geoff McArthur -- now a star in the classroom

Geoff McArthur has been at Lindenwood University in Missouri -- coaching WR's and earning his Master's Degree in Education. He's been taking courses in such areas as Psychology of Teaching, Utilizing Family & Community Resources, Classroom Management, Analyzing Learning Behavior, etc. Geoff has now finished two full semesters, and I'm very happy to announce he has a perfect 4.0 grade point average.

For any of you who have been lucky to meet him, you'll know what I mean when I say Geoff is a great person. Warm, caring, appreciative. And I'm just loving the fact that he's now excelling and is at the top of his class at grad school.

Sherman.

Thanks for the update. He's one of my favorite all time Cal Bears and I'd love for him to join our coaching staff.

Way to go Geoff! Maybe he'll end up coaching at Cal one of these days.

I'd love to have Geoff come back, and I'm pretty sure he would as well. In his message to me he wrote, "I miss Northern Cal so much."

Maybe some day the stars will align correctly.

One of my favorite Cal players of all time. Dude had *heart*!

Awesome update! Thank you, AdvisingBear.

Way to go, Geoff!
    Getting in the doghouse was one of the best things that happened to him. He refocused and made the most of his opportunity!

CalGreg
    Unless something dramatic changes, Cal should have an opening soon.

Coach Tedford: The team needs another Tosh-like motivator, teacher and recruiter. Bring Geoff home.

~Greg

Quote Originally Posted by CalGreg View Post

Coach Tedford: The team needs another Tosh-like motivator, teacher and recruiter. Bring Geoff home.

~Greg
    This! We need another young, energetic, intelligent assistant coach that young kids not only can relate to, but look up to as well. Geoff will make an excellent coach and I hope we give him an honest look in the near future.

Thanks for the update, AB. Congrats, Geoff. If you are reading this, you are one of my all time favorite Bears. Hope to see you back in the Bay.

Can you imagine the talk he can give about making good decisions and commitments. He just has to show the scars on his arm to emphasize the points.

Quote Originally Posted by CalGreg View Post
    I hope you're referring to Daft, because so far I have been sorely disappointing by his poor performance coaching our WR and QB units.

Real Bear
    I thought Otis Yelverton was taking over the next open coaching position?

CalGreg
    Quote Originally Posted by BearEatsTacos View Post
    I hope you're referring to Daft, because so far I have been sorely disappointing by his poor performance coaching our WR and QB units.
    Don't anybody get excited. I said "should" - not "will."

~Greg

even to this day, if you asked me who would i want as one of the wrs for the all time cal team, gmac would certainly be one of them. a true class act, and terrific wr. GO BEARS!