Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Lasco verbals to Cal

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    ... They could take two but not three unless the third will play another position.
    does this mean Carlisle is still in the mix (in addition to Bigelow)?

some of the best to ever play the game.

jim brown 6'2"
    dickerson 6'3"
    bo jackson 6'1"
    oj simpson 6'2"
    franco harris 6'2"
    gale sayers 6'0"
    marcus allen 6'2"

others who weren't too shabby
    john riggins 6'2"
    eddie george 6'3"
    brandon jacobs 6'4"
    larry czonka 6'3"

plenty of great tall RB's. if he's fits the program at RB, he'll play RB. looks like a pretty darn good back to me. we'll see. regardless, kid is a player. he wants to play RB, coaching staff says he'll get that shot. welcome to CAL DL.

Lasco - will surprise the fans and coaches.

These are things that many people are not aware of about Lasco:
    (1) Woodlands High school plays 5A and against 7 playoff teams. They play against ranked teams.
    (2) Katy is a Nationally Ranked team and has won numerous Champonships throughout the years. Lasco had 17 attemps 263 yds and 4 tds to beat Katy.
    The Katy coach came over to the Woodlands dressing room and congraulated the players and he also made a special comment to Lasco and the team. He said there was only one other runing back that put up that many yds on the famous Rhodes statium field in Katy. That Running back was - Eric Dickerson. I would say he is in good company.
    (3) 7 on 7 - 2008 Nike had a Reggie Bush 40 yd electronic system set up to see if any one would want to complete against "Reggie Bush" 40 yd result. Lasco teammates told him to go for it. Reggie's time was 4.17 - Lasco was 4.19 Lasco was a sophmore.....Nike and Reggie Bush did not appear in 2009 7 on 7.
    (4) Lasco tore up the other teams as a freshmen. He played normally 2 quarter and maybe some of the 3rd quarter. He averaged about 9 to 12 carries. Total yds and td's before moving up as a freshmen to varsity over 3200 yds and 34 tds. He played 2 varsity games and helped the team make the playoffs. In two games he had a total of 14 carries for 324 yds and 4 tds.
    (5) Lasco has 3 speeds/gears - FAST-FASTER-GONE

Lasco always points to his linemen for him achieving his accomplishments on the field. Class Act.

Lasco is a ***** star recurit......and he has chosen CAL. 2011 - 2015 will be exciting.

Lasco - will surprise the fans and coaches. - Today, 09:56 PM

These are things that many people are not aware of about Lasco:

(1) Woodlands High school plays 5A and against 7 playoff teams. They play against ranked teams.

(2) Katy is a Nationally Ranked team and has won numerous Championships throughout the years. Lasco had 17 attempts 263 yds and 4 tds to beat Katy.
    The Katy coach came over to the Woodlands dressing room and congratulated the players and he also made a special comment to Lasco and the team. He said there was only one other running back that put up that many yds on the famous Rhodes stadium field in Katy. That Running back was - Eric Dickerson. I would say he is in good company.

(3) 7 on 7 - 2008 Nike had a Reggie Bush 40 yd electronic system set up to see if anyone would want to complete against "Reggie Bush" 40 yd result. Lasco teammates told him to go for it. Reggie's time was 4.17 - Lasco was 4.19 Lasco was a sophomore.....Nike and Reggie Bush did not appear in 2009 7 on 7.

(4) Lasco tore up the other teams as a freshmen. He played normally 2 quarter and maybe some of the 3rd quarter. He averaged about 9 to 12 carries. Total yds and td's before moving up as a freshmen to varsity over 3200 yds and 34 tds. He played 2 varsity games and helped the team make the playoffs. In two games he had a total of 14 carries for 324 yds and 4 tds.

(5) Lasco has 3 speeds/gears - FAST-FASTER-GONE

Lasco always points to his linemen for him achieving his accomplishments on the field. Class Act.

Lasco is a ***** star recruit......and he has chosen CAL. 2011 - 2015 will be exciting.

??????

(1) Who was the Best running back at CAL?

(2) Who was the fastest running back at CAL?

JLC, whats your relationship with Lasco? fan, friend, teammate, family, all of the above? haha

Quote Originally Posted by oskipeak View Post
    some of the best to ever play the game.

jim brown 6'2"
    dickerson 6'3"
    bo jackson 6'1"
    oj simpson 6'2"
    franco harris 6'2"
    gale sayers 6'0"
    marcus allen 6'2"

others who weren't too shabby
    john riggins 6'2"
    eddie george 6'3"
    brandon jacobs 6'4"
    larry czonka 6'3"

plenty of great tall RB's. if he's fits the program at RB, he'll play RB. looks like a pretty darn good back to me. we'll see. regardless, kid is a player. he wants to play RB, coaching staff says he'll get that shot. welcome to CAL DL.
    You are right on target and hear are a few more........Edgerin James anf Fred Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by beeasyed View Post
    JLC, whats your relationship with Lasco? fan, friend, teammate, family, all of the above? haha
    So how is the weather in Jacksonville????

Quote Originally Posted by JLC View Post
    (1) Who was the Best running back at CAL?

(2) Who was the fastest running back at CAL?
    1) That's up for debate, lots of old timers like Muncie. I never got to see him play. There have been many great players in the modern era. Forsett and Arrington were fantastic backs, Jahvid was amazing, but the way Lynch carried some games (Washington immediately comes to mind) absolutely blew my mind.

2) Jahvid might be the fastest we have had. At least since I've been a fan and that covers the 90s and the Tedford era.

-kap

So how is the weather in Jacksonville????
    eh?

Quote Originally Posted by beeasyed View Post
    eh?
    Sorry I thought you were someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by kaplanfx View Post
    1) That's up for debate, lots of old timers like Muncie. I never got to see him play. There have been many great players in the modern era. Forsett and Arrington were fantastic backs, Jahvid was amazing, but the way Lynch carried some games (Washington immediately comes to mind) absolutely blew my mind.

2) Jahvid might be the fastest we have had. At least since I've been a fan and that covers the 90s and the Tedford era.

-kap
    Thanks for the info.

Sorry I thought you were someone else...
    You have some good info about Lasco JLC but why are you hesitant to tell us your relationship with him?.... How do you know this young lad?.... We are an inquiring bunch ya know..... oh, and I saw Muncie play and he was a load, probably our best all around RB and finished 2nd to Archie Griffin in the Heisman....should have won it in my very bias opinion
    Last edited by Cal_Fan2; 08-10-2010 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoragaBear View Post
    Lasco's being recruited as rb but he could conceivably play safety or receiver.

Ervin won't be a rb at Cal. They could take two but not three unless the third will play another position.
    Forget about it.........RB...kick returner...h back wise out. if you don't have 4.2 speed you won't catch him if he gets pass you.

The other team coaches hold their breath everytime he touches the ball........

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    You have some good info about Lasco JLC but why are you hesitant to tell us your relationship with him?.... How do you know this young lad?.... We are an inquiring bunch ya know..... oh, and I saw Muncie play and he was a load, probably our best all around RB and finished 2nd to Archie Griffin in the Heisman....should have won it in my very bias opinion
    One day..........