Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie says he's sorry to Haden

Reggie says he's sorry to Haden

Reggie Bush in a phone conversation with new SC AD Pat Hayden says he sorry that he took money while he was attending USC. He also said if he had to do it all over again he would not do it.

Ah, Reggie really! Well that makes all the difference in the world, gosh darn maybe the NCAA will feel sorry for you. What about the other violations you had that were not discovered. You're a thug, you're just like any other punk that commits a crime and then denies what he did. I am so happy you didn't attend CAL.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...-usc-ad-081210

Quote Originally Posted by bar20 View Post
    Reggie Bush in a phone conversation with new SC AD Pat Hayden says he sorry that he took money while he was attending USC. He also said if he had to do it all over again he would not do it.

Ah, Reggie really! Well that makes all the difference in the world, gosh darn maybe the NCAA will feel sorry for you. What about the other violations you had that were not discovered. You're a thug, you're just like any other punk that commits a crime and then denies what he did. I am so happy you didn't attend CAL.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...-usc-ad-081210

I'm sure O.J. said the same thing.....well, maybe not........

By the edge where the trees meet the sea.
    What's keeping him from returning the Heisman?
    "You ain't got nothing if you ain't got swagger." __

So often saying "Sorry" and truly being sorry are two very different things. Anyone who has raised children certainly knows this. The Heisman, I would bet, will stay with Reggie, and he will express sorrow for the purpose of currying good favor with the Toejam Family. go Bears

By the edge where the trees meet the sea.
    AD Haden is either an idiot, a psychiatrist smoothing the turbulence for a better effort, or he's merely practicing Christian principles of forgiveness. Surely he doesn't accept RB's "apology" as case closed.
    "You ain't got nothing if you ain't got swagger." __

LafayetteBear
    Quote Originally Posted by OdontoBear66 View Post
    So often saying "Sorry" and truly being sorry are two very different things. Anyone who has raised children certainly knows this. The Heisman, I would bet, will stay with Reggie, and he will express sorrow for the purpose of currying good favor with the Toejam Family. go Bears
    Totally agree, Odonto. This apology was intended strictly for the Trojan fan base. They will perceive it through a PROFOUNDLY differerent lens than we Bears do. You can expect Trojan alums, at least some of them, to warm to Reggie a bit, and perhaps start defending him a little. Haden looks good (at least to Trojan fans), too, as the guy who extracted Reggie's confession/apology.

Quote Originally Posted by oskihasahearton View Post
    What's keeping him from returning the Heisman?
    I don't know if any posters here or lurkers (1BigTroyFan?) are in touch with Reggie. If anyone reading this post speaks to him, please let him know that the address for the Heisman Trust is:

17 Battery Place - Suite 943
    New York, NY 10004

Also, let him know that I called FedEx, and it does offer next-day service between New Orleans and New York.

TIA.

I don't think this will fly with SC people. They have been screwed over by what Reggie did. I don't think any of them deny that what Bush did was wrong - just that the school was responsible.

If they are anything like UW in the 90's, blaming the player (in this case rightfully so) is all part of the denial of responsibility of everyone else. I wouldn't expect Reggie to be invited to any functions any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OaktownBear View Post
    I don't think this will fly with SC people. They have been screwed over by what Reggie did. I don't think any of them deny that what Bush did was wrong - just that the school was responsible.

If they are anything like UW in the 90's, blaming the player (in this case rightfully so) is all part of the denial of responsibility of everyone else. I wouldn't expect Reggie to be invited to any functions any time soon.
    It's a mixed bag in Condomland. Doesn't matter since Reggie can't step foot on campus or near the football team..

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133068

Crocodile Tears

Cry me a freakin' river.

"Woe is me. If I could return the Heisman Trophy, I'd do it."

Which begs the question, "Why can't you return it, Reggie? Isn't it in your possession? Or does someone else have it now?"

That article has to be a fake one.

No freaking way Reggie did anything wrong. Reggie is completely innocent.

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised that he even apologized. I mean what other athletes have, in the wake of burning their schools? Chris Weber? Lamar Odom at Rhode Island? They go on like it never happened. At least this guy tried to apologize.

If he needs some help, we should all help him pay for the postage costs ...

Poor Reggie... poor U$C .... HAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAAA

I am not drinking Bush's kool-aid, but I do like Haden. He's very outfront that Bush is not allowed to even visit the USC campus.

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LafayetteBear View Post
    Totally agree, Odonto. This apology was intended strictly for the Trojan fan base. They will perceive it through a PROFOUNDLY differerent lens than we Bears do. You can expect Trojan alums, at least some of them, to warm to Reggie a bit, and perhaps start defending him a little. Haden looks good (at least to Trojan fans), too, as the guy who extracted Reggie's confession/apology.
    warm to him "a bit"? i haven't been on the weare$c board lately but I've assumed they've defended him through all this. were a few dollars here and there enough to turn them against their most exciting player of the last 20 years?