Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: depth chart movement

Helmet depth chart movement

Calvin's healthy, so he's moved into a backup slot with Ross.

Sofele's solidified his backup role, with Debo competing for minutes as the current 3 stringer.

Schwenke to start at LG, with Galas backing up.

Cheadle to start at RG, with Fisher backing up.

MSG not playing this week, but possibly vs. CU. Edwards retains the starting RT spot with DeMartinis backing him up and Rigsbee backing up Schwartz at LT. Braz will still back up Guarnero at center.

On defense, the only change is Williams to back up Anthony.

I asked about Hill/Cattouse and JT said that Hill's really come on as a safety and is kind of the quarterback on the defensive backfield. Cattouse missed some time but is pretty healthy and he should play plenty, too, Saturday.
    Last edited by MoragaBear; 08-31-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Fixed typo -Cheadle at RG

wait.....MB....you wrote Edwards will start at RG...then you wrote he'll retain the RT spot......I"m confused....I hope Edwards plays somewhere because he's being doing well...did he beat out Cheadle for RG.???.... You must mean he'll be RT until MSG comes back...yes?
    Last edited by Cal_Fan2; 08-31-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Isn't the line going to be porous on the right side w/ Edwards holding down 2 positions?

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaMajor View Post
    Isn't the line going to be porous on the right side w/ Edwards holding down 2 positions?
    hell no...Donovan is actually that good...1st rounder...

True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    wait.....MB....you wrote Edwards will start at RG...then you wrote he'll retain the RT spot......I"m confused....I hope Edwards plays somewhere because he's being doing well...did he beat out Cheadle for RG.???.... You must mean he'll be RT until MSG comes back...yes?
    I think Edwards is a stop-gap at RT until MSG gets back? Then Edwards slides back to RG?

Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    I think Edwards is a stop-gap at RT until MSG gets back? Then Edwards slides back to RG?
    in which case, Fisher would start at RG for the opener i assume...

love our RB depth... just another re-load year there

but, until proven otherwise, I do have concerns with the OL's ability to generate a push

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayPhenom View Post
    love our RB depth... just another re-load year there

but, until proven otherwise, I do have concerns with the OL's ability to generate a push
    Well it was good enough for Best and Vereen to combine for what would have been a thousand yard season for either of them had either started the whole season. Our pass protection has been urine-poor the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    I assume there's a typo and he means Cheadle will start at RG. There hasn't been much mention of Edwards playing guard this camp.

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaMajor View Post
    Esp. with him getting shorter and losing weight like the other linemen.

Yes, it was a typo. Cheadle to start at RG, Edwards at RT.

no bear
    hopefully Galas and MSG replace those two soon..

what about yarnway?

Yarnway and Isi were battling over the 2nd spot.. is he down to 4th?

As a cornerback last year I really liked Hill's tackling. He was solid in run support. I look forward to seeing him at safety.

It says something as well that the staff seemed very high on Galas and he is in a backup role. I hope that means Schwenke and Cheadle are playing at a very, very high level.