Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Watching Cal vs Nevada in Oahu

  1. #1

    Watching Cal vs Nevada in Oahu

    We just arrived in Ko Olina today for a week...and we don't have ESPN2 at our timeshare. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go to watch the game? We booked this trip when we thought this was going to be a bye week...oh well.

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. #2
    Real Bear tc3590's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Marysville CA
    Posts
    1,095
    Well I believe you will be able to watch it on ESPN3.com since it is an ESPN friday night game.

  3. #3
    Loyal Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Bay, Northern California
    Posts
    4,866
    Quote Originally Posted by CalBerry View Post
    We just arrived in Ko Olina today for a week...and we don't have ESPN2 at our timeshare. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to go to watch the game? We booked this trip when we thought this was going to be a bye week...oh well.

    Thanks

    Steve
    Last year -- I was on Oahu for the U$C game .... wasn't happy I was GOING to miss the game, but kinda glad I did after what happened. I was there for a convention/conference so it was entirely work related that I was there (wink, wink). That said, while I was there, KoreAmBear posted a meeting spot somewhere in Honolulu so I am sure he may post a get-together for Bear fans again. There are several sports bars in the Hawaii area but I apologize, I do not remember the name of the one that I watched the U$C debacle with other Cal fans.

  4. #4
    True Blue Golden Bear KoreAmBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere along the Ko`olau Summit Trail
    Posts
    22,629
    Cal Berry - PM me. We'll be having a gathering. Probably in downtown so I don't know if you want to rearrange your schedule to come out from Ko Olina.

  5. #5
    Loyal Bear
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Bay, Northern California
    Posts
    4,866
    Quote Originally Posted by KoreAmBear View Post
    Cal Berry - PM me. We'll be having a gathering. Probably in downtown so I don't know if you want to rearrange your schedule to come out from Ko Olina.
    See -- right on cue.... I was in Ko Olina last year, it isn't that far and you will enjoy watching with other Cal fans. I wish I could be there .. but I will be in Reno (heh heh)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by calgldnbear View Post
    See -- right on cue.... I was in Ko Olina last year, it isn't that far and you will enjoy watching with other Cal fans. I wish I could be there .. but I will be in Reno (heh heh)
    LOL...good call!

    From where we live, Reno is closer than Berkeley. So our one chance to have a shorter drive and we are in Hawaii...go figure.

    Steve

  7. #7
    There's a Buffalo Wild Wings in Waikiki, but not sure if you want to hang out with the tourists. I haven't been to that location but they should have an impressive number of TVs with pretty much any sport on the air.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •