Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 375

Thread: Cal vs. Arizona GAME THREAD - It's On!!!

  1. #106
    We need to throw some on first down. Move the chains so we can run the ball. We aren't winning any shutout.

  2. #107
    Really absurd pass interference call. So glad the universe took care of it with that INT.

  3. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    If our O-line doesn't start opening up some holes, I fear it is only a matter of time until the defense tires a bit..and Ariz. scores .....we need to sustain some drives on the ground....c'mon Riley...find some receivers...
    Agreed. Why do they keep running in different OL's. How are they supposed to gain any continuity?

    Pass blocking has been ok, but run blocking has been pretty weak. A few holes, but many more plays stuffed.

  4. #109
    These announcers are killing me...what happened to being objective, or slightly objective for that matter. Did anybody get a good look at the fumble by Nwoko? Couldn't get a decent replay angle...it looked like it was out before he hit the ground.

  5. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by sbmhsu View Post
    how is that PI on hagan!? WTF?!?!
    If anything that should have been offensive PI. Hagan clearly had a play on the ball.

  6. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas8388 View Post
    Agreed. Why do they keep running in different OL's. How are they supposed to gain any continuity?

    Pass blocking has been ok, but run blocking has been pretty weak. A few holes, but many more plays stuffed.
    I get a feeling that the heat worries the coaches a bit. They are trying to rotate the O-line to keep them from getting tired and to help tire out the 'Zona D-line. From what I remember 'Zona doesn't have the deepest D-line in the Pac-10 so wearing them out might not be a bad move, and Tedford does like to try to wear down defenses so that he can run on them at will in the second half.

    Would be nice to see more runs for 1st downs though.

  7. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Calntheplay View Post
    Beautiful play by the secondary!
    the secondary has had good coverage on most of the deep routes, its the 5-10 yard over the middle passes that seem the msot open.

  8. #113
    Who gets the ball (receives kick off) at the start of the third?

  9. #114
    True Blue Golden Bear Phantomfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14,181

    Kind of disappointed

    That not one guy told Shane to "Run and get me some coffee"





    Good bit though... Kind of fun to see him like that.

  10. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by calgymnast View Post
    If anything that should have been offensive PI. Hagan clearly had a play on the ball.
    it was the most blatant example of offensive interference I've ever seen. I thought that the flag was against Criner until the Ref called it defensive.

    Hagan definitely has Criner blanketed if they try to go deep on that side.

  11. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by cbadbear View Post
    These announcers are killing me...what happened to being objective, or slightly objective for that matter. Did anybody get a good look at the fumble by Nwoko? Couldn't get a decent replay angle...it looked like it was out before he hit the ground.
    His left knee did hit before the ball was stripped out, it was definitely not a fumble.

  12. #117
    In other news, ASU is holding their own against Oregon. 14-14 halfway through 2nd Qtr. I'm glad we have UCLA and ASU at home this year.

  13. #118
    Loyal Bear Fyght4Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,905
    Quote Originally Posted by mvargus View Post
    His left knee did hit before the ball was stripped out, it was definitely not a fumble.
    Might have been easier to see in HD with a cameraman who could follow a running play.

  14. #119
    Loyal Bear 93gobears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I'm on a boat.
    Posts
    4,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantomfan View Post
    That not one guy told Shane to "Run and get me some coffee"





    Good bit though... Kind of fun to see him like that.
    Yeah, I've enjoyed all his bits as Comcast Intern. He has developed a camera presence, which is not easy to do, and reminds me a little of Nnamdi.


  15. #120
    True Blue Golden Bear Cal_Fan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Bay, Ca...
    Posts
    16,068
    We have 88 total yards halftime stats?.....WTF?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •