Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Cal vs. Arizona GAME THREAD - It's On!!!

We need to throw some on first down. Move the chains so we can run the ball. We aren't winning any shutout.

Really absurd pass interference call. So glad the universe took care of it with that INT.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_Fan2 View Post
    If our O-line doesn't start opening up some holes, I fear it is only a matter of time until the defense tires a bit..and Ariz. scores .....we need to sustain some drives on the ground....c'mon Riley...find some receivers...
    Agreed. Why do they keep running in different OL's. How are they supposed to gain any continuity?

Pass blocking has been ok, but run blocking has been pretty weak. A few holes, but many more plays stuffed.

These announcers are killing me...what happened to being objective, or slightly objective for that matter. Did anybody get a good look at the fumble by Nwoko? Couldn't get a decent replay angle...it looked like it was out before he hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sbmhsu View Post
    how is that PI on hagan!? WTF?!?!
    If anything that should have been offensive PI. Hagan clearly had a play on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Haas8388 View Post
    Agreed. Why do they keep running in different OL's. How are they supposed to gain any continuity?

Pass blocking has been ok, but run blocking has been pretty weak. A few holes, but many more plays stuffed.
    I get a feeling that the heat worries the coaches a bit. They are trying to rotate the O-line to keep them from getting tired and to help tire out the 'Zona D-line. From what I remember 'Zona doesn't have the deepest D-line in the Pac-10 so wearing them out might not be a bad move, and Tedford does like to try to wear down defenses so that he can run on them at will in the second half.

Would be nice to see more runs for 1st downs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Calntheplay View Post
    Beautiful play by the secondary!
    the secondary has had good coverage on most of the deep routes, its the 5-10 yard over the middle passes that seem the msot open.

Who gets the ball (receives kick off) at the start of the third?

True Blue Golden Bear Phantomfan's Avatar

Kind of disappointed

That not one guy told Shane to "Run and get me some coffee"

Good bit though... Kind of fun to see him like that.

Quote Originally Posted by calgymnast View Post
    If anything that should have been offensive PI. Hagan clearly had a play on the ball.
    it was the most blatant example of offensive interference I've ever seen. I thought that the flag was against Criner until the Ref called it defensive.

Hagan definitely has Criner blanketed if they try to go deep on that side.

Quote Originally Posted by cbadbear View Post
    These announcers are killing me...what happened to being objective, or slightly objective for that matter. Did anybody get a good look at the fumble by Nwoko? Couldn't get a decent replay angle...it looked like it was out before he hit the ground.
    His left knee did hit before the ball was stripped out, it was definitely not a fumble.

In other news, ASU is holding their own against Oregon. 14-14 halfway through 2nd Qtr. I'm glad we have UCLA and ASU at home this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mvargus View Post
    His left knee did hit before the ball was stripped out, it was definitely not a fumble.
    Might have been easier to see in HD with a cameraman who could follow a running play.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomfan View Post
    That not one guy told Shane to "Run and get me some coffee"

Good bit though... Kind of fun to see him like that.
    Yeah, I've enjoyed all his bits as Comcast Intern. He has developed a camera presence, which is not easy to do, and reminds me a little of Nnamdi.

We have 88 total yards halftime stats?.....WTF?